Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Wood's Jacksonville team is growing, and we have an exciting career opportunity for a Mid to Senior-Level Civil/Environmental Engineer with an interest in site work and restoration projects and opportunities for career growth.
We're expanding and have an exciting opportunity for a Mid to Senior-Level Civil or Environmental Engineer to support a growing civil and environmental engineering group in our Jacksonville, FL office. Friendly, flexible and positive work environment offering a variety of challenging projects. Our ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, a commitment to delivering a quality product and a desire for career growth.
- The position will include both office work and fieldwork on a variety of civil and water resource engineering projects, including principally parks/recreation, stormwater/drainage, and resiliency/sustainability projects.
- Office activities include preparation of design drawings, calculations, technical specifications, technical reports, and opinions of probable construction cost under the supervision of a Florida Professional Engineer.
- Field activities may include reconnaissance of project sites, construction oversight, and documenting field activities.
- Opportunities for growth include design task lead and project management roles.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering preferred from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years of experience, with knowledge of Environmental Resource Permitting (ERP) and surface water modeling, particularly ICPR, is a plus
- Florida Professional Engineer (PE) license preferred (or ability to obtain within 1 year of hire)
- Must be a self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently, under general supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) with CAD and GIS capabilities a plus
- Must pass a drug test, physical, and background check and possess a satisfactory driving record under Wood's driving (MVR) policy
- May be required to lift equipment/materials weighing up to 50 pounds
- Some overnight travel may be required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.