Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Skills: Decommissioning, Facilities Engineer, FPSO / FPU
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood has an immediate role for a FPSO Mechanical Facilities Engineer - Decommissioning Subject Matter Expert (SME) to join our team in Perth, Western Australia as part of its Operations APAC West business. This is an initial 12 month opportunity and anticipated to be an ongoing requirement on a rare decommissioning project.
Wood delivers Brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation and technical services to the oil and gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with some of the region's most prominent producers, actively supporting operations in Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Kazakhstan.
The FPSO Mechanical Facilities Engineer - Decommissioning SME reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager (Decommissioning), you will provide:
- Advice to ensure all FPSO related operations are conducted in a safe and environmentally approved manner
- Advice to ensure FPSO Maintenance and Integrity Plan is executed in a complaint manner and will be required to report on critical non-conformances
- Provide guidance to the safe handover of the FPSO from the current incumbent contractor to the selected Phase 1 Lead Contractor
- Guidance on issues associated to the operation of the FPSO
- Support to any FPSO incident investigation
- Provide input and variance analysis to project schedule and cost reports
- Ensure the topside and production process components of the decommissioning activities are planned and conducted in a safe and environmentally approved manner
- Will ensure risks associated with topside equipment are ALARP
- Supports Verification and Assurance activities as required
- Liaises with contractors to agree optimal technical solutions
- Support interaction with external industry bodies
- Provides technical guidance on selection and operation of Light construction Vessels (LCV) and equipment
- Provides expertise to project cost and schedule reports including variance analysis
Skills / Qualifications
You will must be an Australian citizen and have the ability to pass a "base level" security clearance.
Suitably qualified in a relevant Engineering discipline from a recognised institution, ideally you will have a minimum of 10+ years of proven experience in a similar role in the Oil &Gas Engineering / EPCM sector in Australia. You must also be a holder or ability to hold required offshore survival certificates (i.e., BOSIET).
What will set you apart will be your proven experience of:
- FPSO operations within an Operators environment
- FPSO facilities engineering and maintenance
- A working knowledge of Australian regulatory requirements
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrows solutions to the world's most critical challenges. Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
If you are an FPSO Mechanical Facilities Engineering SME looking for a career opportunity without peer in decommissioning - apply today!
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.