Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
This position within global software asset management team (SAM) is a lead position to oversee software acquisition, software license fulfillment & reassignments, maintenance renewals, and compliance of global SAM portfolio . The team lead will monitor Software license desk, vendor SLAs and escalations for software renewals. The position will coordinate external vendor audits and insure compliance with license position and assignments. The incumbent is required to have knowledge of critical system SAP, ServiceNow, SCCM and Active directory. SAM team lead will closely work with procurement group for license renewals, IT governance team for software security reviews and IT asset management team for recovery rates and billing.
Job Description & Requirements
- Under broad direction, leads team to execute defined processes.
- Responsible for the supervision of others and applies working knowledge of day to day operating environment and techniques utilizing available tools and customer applications.
- Coordinates service requests to customers, as appropriate, and conducts necessary follow-up to ensure satisfactory completion of requested services.
- Manages unresolved out of criteria problems.
- Defines and constantly improves processes.
- Participates in training of staff when necessary and applies strong PC/LAN knowledge for daily troubleshooting of issues.
- Coordinates the schedule development and manages change control processes of assigned projects.
- Acts as liaison between developers and other stakeholders to design, develop and implement products.
- Provides application administration and support to all stakeholders.
- Participates on project teams as assigned and identify training requirements of both end-users and support personnel.
- Supervises others; allocates and monitors work, coordinates similar activities within a functional area.
- Interprets and applies directions originating at a higher level.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, MIS or closely related field, and 4 years related experience in information technology or customer support.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 149084
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Information Technology
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.