Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
- Responsible for performing professional level accounting duties according to the company's policy and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Under general supervision, understands the company's business systems, business processes and controls, including policies and procedures, relative to the location and department assigned.
- Review monthly/quarterly account reconciliations and other documents to ensure compliance with SOX, GAAP and Company policies.
- Develop insurance rates annually for global allocation of insurance cost.
- Collaborate with the Risk Management department and foreign accounting departments to accurately capture insurance costs.
- Produce required data and collaborate with actuaries and external auditors as needed.
- Perform monthly and quarterly financial analyses and report results to management.
- Prepares accounting reports and analyses related to the risks involved with the global operation and resources of the company.
- Prepares and posts journal vouchers for accounting transactions.
- Assisting in the execution and completion of various ad hoc reports and special projects as needed.
The successful candidate will possess the following credentials/qualifications:
- DEGREE - Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting.
- CPA - CPA designation preferred or working towards certification.
- YEARS - one or more years' experience required.
- APPLICATIONS - Experience with SAP and Hyperion is preferred; Riskonnect software application used.
- PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Strong organization skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze and effectively deliver accurate information.
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and interact with all levels of management.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 153996
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Finance
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.