Skills: Heavy Lift / Pipelay
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lysekil, Västra Götaland County, Sweden
Wood is currently recruiting for a Heavy Lifting Supervisor with extensive experience in the oil and gas or petrochemical industry to work on a Fixed term contract at site on our refinery project in Sweden. The project consists of revamping the existing unit including other necessary modifications to produce diesel out of a mixture of renewables.
The ideal candidate will be part of the Site Construction Team and will report directly to the Construction Manager leading Project construction completion and will be responsible to manage and maintain mutually beneficial working relationships with Contractors, Client, and subordinates.
This role is suitable for an experienced individual who is looking to further develop their career in construction supervision and management.
- Ensure assigned personnel and construction Contractors' supervision and manpower are fully instructed and motivated with respect to Preem and Wood Safety, Health, Environment, Quality and Security (SHES) policy, site security, site regulations, permit to work procedures, and Client requirements
- Ensure Contractors adhere strictly to the latest approved for construction (AFC) project drawings, specifications, procedures and site instructions
- Ensure by leadership and guidance contracted works under his / her control meets all practical and commercial requirements of productivity, quality, schedule, and contract completions
- Support, promote, and champion the Wood and project core values throughout the Construction Execution phase
- Ensure that the Client and Wood Safety, Health, Environment, Security (SHES) and Quality Policies are implemented and understood by all supervised staff and project Contractors
- Provide Heavy Lift, Transportation and Logistics technical support to the site team and Contractors
- Assist with the review, and approval of detailed conceptual lifting and transportation studies
- Carry out detailed review of HLT Contractor's method statements
- Supervise Lifting and Transportation operations at the construction site and ensure adherence to method statements
- Provide general support to the site team and Contractors on routine lifting operations and carry out audits/monitoring of Contractor lifting operations
- Monitor, audit and mentor the Contractor manual rigging activities
- Coordinate crane usage at site between Contractors and coordinate the use of fixed tower cranes
Skills / Qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar role on a refinery project
- Previous EPCm experience
- Brownfield and shutdown experience preferred
- Hands on experience of planning construction logistics and execution
- Hands on experience of constructability and hazard identification
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.