Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States
Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States
Skills: Research & Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Location: Minnetonka, Minnesota, United States
As part of the Global E-Separation Technology team, your mission is to ideate, propose and lead technology innovations related to IX membranes for ED/EDR/BPED/EDI that will reinforce our market leadership in process and water applications, and catapult us in new applications.
Role & Responsibilities
You are responsible for "NPI" (New Product Introduction) projects and deliverables and lead various "RTS" (Ready-to-Serve) activities for the Product Line:
- "NPI": You lead the development and execution of new products in the field ion exchange membranes for ED, EDR, BPED, EDBC and EDI applications ("E-Separation Product line").
- "RTS": You lead support initiatives to our operations and coordinate with other functions of our matrixed organization (Product Line management, engineering, applications, sourcing, manufacturing), on critical issues that require additional expertise.
You coordinate with the ESEP Technology Leader and the ED/EDR Business Transformational Leader, and the manufacturing site leaders, so that we design, propose to the management boards, and deliver the approved NPIs and RTS actions. You organize your resources and capabilities accordingly without sacrificing the long term to the short term, and vice versa.
Regarding NPIs, your responsibilities reach from the ideation to the approval of the membranes related R&D programs by our "Growth Boards" (led by P&L, regional leaders, CTO and CEO), from the feasibility at bench scale to the scale up and final handover to the manufacturing of membranes. You contribute to the design of the new manufacturing investments in order to increase the quality and capacity of our plants. A key area of focus is identification of alternative and new manufacturing processes to elevate our membranes to a higher level of performance.
You define and implement the action plans and best practice sharing and establish a common learning protocol to promote a healthy, environmentally favorable, and safe environment as well as a productive and effective, results oriented culture and rhythm.
The position is in Minnesota, MN, USA and will require travel in Ontario and in Massachusetts.
- A broad technical expertise of electro-separation, project management skills, with more than 10+ years in the business of electro-separation, including mass manufacturing.
- Core expertise is in ion exchange membrane development, characterization and membrane production processes
- Project Management skills that allow you to understand the critical paths, risks and opportunities on projects
- A proven track record of products developed and rolled out in the market successfully, that are applied in multiple applications by industrial and municipal customers (industrial processes, environment, energy production)
- Continually striving for new and better technologies building on past experiences, using creative and collaborative approaches.
- A PhD or Master's degree in polymer science, chemistry, electrochemistry or equivalent and fluency in English
SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions is now part of Veolia and operating as Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions. With operations in 130 countries and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions solves the toughest water, wastewater and process challenges around the globe. Leveraging a comprehensive set of chemical, equipment and digital enabled services and products, the company helps customers optimize water resources and overcome process challenges. Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions serves customers across all industries, including food and beverage, metals and mining, power, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemicals, petrochemicals, pulp and paper, and utilities.