Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood has an exciting career opportunity in our Physical Hydrogeology Group for a Hydrogeologist. This position is based in the Greater Toronto Area and will support our infrastructure, municipal and mining work. The position will report to one of the group's Senior Hydrogeologists and would be based out of one of Wood's GTA Offices including our Burlington, ON office, Cambridge, ON office, Oakville, ON office or Richmond Hill, ON office.
The successful candidate will be working with a highly motivated team of professionals delivering quality services on technically challenging projects. You would become involved with primarily physical hydrogeological investigations to support multi-disciplinary projects in a variety of fields, including construction dewatering assessments and permitting, water supply, transportation, mining, oil and gas, and energy projects, among others across Ontario.
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for collection of hydrogeological data including: logging of soil borings and rock cores, oversight of groundwater monitoring well installations, collection of surface water and groundwater samples and levels, collect surface water flows, aquifer testing (slug tests and pumping tests) and drilling or test pitting supervision
- Collect and evaluate field measurements and record data in clear and concise field notes
- Office activities may include data tabulation and presentation of field sampling results, including report tables and appendices, support for work plan preparation, interpretation of analytical results, preparation of investigation reports and other project documents
- Follow company safety standards, participate in safety training, prepare and implement site safety plans
- Interact with client, contractor or subcontractor representatives on project sites
- Work collaboratively with members of the Hydrogeology Group and team members from other internal business lines and offices, as well as external sub-contractors/consultants, and clients
- Work with other disciplines within Wood including but not limited to environmental, geotechnical and water resources
- Opportunities to collaborate with Wood teams across Ontario and sometimes across Canada and internationally
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate Degree (B.Sc.) in Geoscience or Civil/Environmental Engineering with a focus on Hydrogeology, Masters Degree (M.S.c) in Hydrogeology or related discipline considered an asset.
- Registered as a P.Geo
- 5 to 12 years consulting experience in hydrogeology or related discipline.
- Team-oriented, self-motivated and safety conscious
- Ability to work independently in both field and office environments with strong attention to detail and organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong technical, verbal, and written communication skills (English) are required
- Competency with MS Office suite of applications
- Technical report and/or document writing experience an asset
- Some experience with ArcGIS considered an asset
- Must be willing to travel (mostly within Southern Ontario, but with occasional remote northern or out of province projects)
- Valid Class G Ontario Driver's License and vehicle appropriate for carrying field equipment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.