Skills: Project Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood are currently seeking an Information Management Consultant to support our growing Information Solutions team.
The successful candidate will be supporting project teams to create, implement, regularly review and deliver the Digital Strategy, Digital Execution plan, Digital Standards, Digital Procedures and Digital Methods for building and infrastructure projects across the region.
As an IM Manager you will be working closely with stakeholders and engineers of all levels to be directly involved in a broad range of major projects, overseeing resourcing and staff development, inputting into bidding and delivering internal training. You should have the ability to make decisions, act on your own initiative and operate in a pro-active way. There are further opportunities within the organisation to contribute to the wider development of BIM initiatives through our Information Solutions Strategy.
The role will also be a client facing role to help our clients understand digital delivery and to response to bids, tenders and interviews.
- Practical application of BS/PAS 1192 and or ISO 19650 principles and implementation of these to BAU
- Developing and implementing BIM workflows and communicating the benefits of BIM within and outside the organisation
- Support, training, mentoring, & staff competency growth
- Preparation of core technical BIM documentation and commercial bid proposals , (including EIR / BEP/ IDP/MIDP/TIDP etc)
- The digital delivery of multi-disciplinary models and information management from bid stage to project close out
- The delivery of digital outputs within project teams and the seamless sharing of information with other discipline teams, both internally and externally
- Ensuring technical quality through implementation of best practice and continuous improvement processes
- Project level management of the BIM Coordinators
- Representing the Information Solutions team in Wood in liaising with clients, engineers and other design team members
- Develop and maintaining excellent client relationships through successful project execution
- Providing advice to the regions as a source of technical expertise and leadership during the work winning & design & construction phases, supporting the development of project digital strategies, digital execution plans and stakeholder goals
- Enforcing and ensuring compliance with clients' BIM requirements, and standards throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensuring expectations of stakeholders are understood and are well managed.
- Engagement with stakeholders to identify core needs of the team and to help guide them towards improvements in Information Management
- Interaction with clients, understanding and analysing their needs (requirements gathering) and advising on potential solutions
- Assist in the maintenance and development of processes, procedures, and systems
Skills / Qualifications
- Hold a BSc, MSc, BEng, MEng, HND/HDC or be qualified by experience with an understanding and proven delivery of building or infrastructure schemes or managing multiple schemes in a sector
- A clear understanding of Building Information Modelling and its benefits to the construction Industry
- Have a good working knowledge of industry standards such as the PAS1192 suite, ISO 19650, Uniclass, CIC BIM Protocol, COBie, IFC etc.
- 3D, 4D & 5D technical proficiency producing models, detecting clashes, extracting quantities, producing time linked simulations and interfacing with programs and cost plans
- Good IT skills and experience of multiple software platforms and variety of modelling packages and their interoperation.
- Competent in the use of Common Data Environments
- Practical experience working with advanced technologies to derive benefits to projects such as virtual and augmented reality, laser scans etc.
- Experience in the multi-disciplinary to design, specification and procurement of buildings and infrastructure.
- A passion for quality and continuous improvement with a focus on delivery.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in information gathering and technical discovery techniques.
- Strong teamwork / relationship management skills.
- Appropriate BIM, CAD, Data, Project Management qualifications or certificates
- Strategic management and business change experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.