Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Staines-upon-Thames, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently searching for a Process Modeling Engineer for our Applied Intelligence group based in Staines. This person will be responsible for supporting the development, deployment, and maintenance of process simulation products. The ideal candidate will have a strong fluid dynamic, thermodynamic, and flow assurance knowledge. We are searching for a self-motivated individual with a desire to confront the variety of challenges faced in both oil and gas and green energy markets.
This is an opportunity to join one of the largest engineering organizations in the world. At Wood, we are united by our passion for creating a sustainable future in energy and the built environment. Out bold spirit drives us to lead the charge, our actions transform challenges into solutions, and our curiosity keeps us pushing, innovating, and making the impossible... possible.
- Configure, test, and calibrate proprietary dynamic multiphase hydraulic models to meet client specifications for a diverse array of projects
- Analyze data to assess model performance and incorporate client engineering data
- Interface with clients address needs and support engineering analysis using flow assurance modeling software.
- Design and troubleshoot live data filtering schemes for use in online simulation environments
- Interface with clients, participate in acceptance testing, and travel internationally to support project execution and maintenance (up to approximately 10% travel)
- Manage technical data and write technical reports & documents
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors, Master's, or Ph.D in Chemical, Petroleum, or Mechanical Engineering preferred, with other engineering disciplines considered
- Sound technical knowledge of fluid mechanics, heat transfer, thermodynamics, etc
- Able to communicate effectively with strong written verbal and presentation skills
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills. Innovative and able to independently investigate and explore solution to a given problem or objective
- Ability to dynamically collaborate with team using modern workflows (e.g. Microsoft Teams, issue / task tracking systems, etc.).
- Conscientiousness, organized, and ability to work well on multidisciplinary team
- Some programming and/or scripting ability (MATLAB, Mathematica, Excel/VBA, Python, .NET, Java, Fortran, etc.)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.