Odessa, Texas, United States
Odessa, Texas, United States
Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
We are looking for the right people - people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, performs the rigging up and down of Service Tools service line equipment on work locations for the purpose of providing drillable and retrievable tools for use in pressure control, plug and abandon, treating, and squeeze operations.
- Performs as a one-man service crew.
- Routinely works in more than one type of well site (off or onshore) as assigned by Service Coordinator.
- Coordinates and oversees Service Tools PSL (i.e., packers) functions at the well site.
- Responsible for operating Service Tools equipment at the customer location to include but are not limited to:
- a) Squeeze jobs, plug jobs, negative tests, Subsurface Control Valve (SSCV) I, Squeeze Manifold.
- b) Easy-Sliding Valve Brash (EZ-SVB) run on wire-line and drill-pipe.
- c) RTTS Packer and By-pass.
- d) Fas-Drill Packer run on wire-line and drill-pipe.
- e) Indicating Ball Catcher and Indicating Latch Down Plug Catcher and
- f) Jars. May help train service operators in areas of expertise.
- May monitor instruments and perform necessary calculations to assure quality of data/job.
- Consults with customers concerning services and products, and promotes good customer relations at the well site, and assures customer satisfaction with results.
- Properly maintains assigned equipment and monitors compliance with safety regulations and procedures.
- Job tasks, correctly performed, impact indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or operations.
- Consequences of error are easily measured and can be confined.
- Skills typically acquired through completion of high school diploma or similar education and a minimum of 18 months experience as a Svc Operator-Service Tools, I.
- Must have successfully passed company tests or met task guideline requirements.
- Ability to demonstrate to pressure test equipment safely and interpret Tool Engineering Drawings is required.
- Must be able to perform job per the following criteria:
- a) Ability to conduct pre-job toolbox safety meeting
- b) Ability to review and verify job plan with customer representative and manage any changes required
- c) Check and verify equipment as per job plan
- d) Ability to perform job unassisted
- e) Ability to complete all job documentation, for example: Job Ticket, Job History Report, End of Job Customer Survey (EJCS)/Key Performance Indicator (KPI), Job Log, Job Summary etc., and
- f) Demonstrate understand of down hole hydraulics, including basic job calculations.
- Must have met all minimum competency requirements for Svc Operator-Service Tools, I.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and /or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including up to an Service Specialist III - Service Tools.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
6155 W Murphy, Odessa, Texas, 79763, United States
Requisition Number: 152560
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Completion Tools
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.