Skills: Engineering Technician
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Study Lead Consultant for a 5 month duration with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Responsible for technical and commercial success in delivering brownfield front end studies for Operations EMEA, the Study Lead Consultant is the central role in any study to ensure the client's success criteria and objectives are understood. They will ensure that the proposed scope of work and method statement will adequately fulfil the success criteria and meet the objectives, guide the technical execution of the study, and ensure that the correct methods and level of effort is applied across the study key deliverables, which will usually include a Study Report, Cost Estimate and a Schedule. The studies undertaken may include small to large brownfield projects including decommissioning, and may range from high level appraisal studies through feasibility, concept selection, front end engineering and design, ad-hoc consultancy support and key support to preparation and set up for execute phase.
- Interface with multidiscipline study teams
- Co-ordinate studies performed by co-operation partners or sub contractors
- Be fully up-to-date on design and development of oil and gas offshore and onshore installations, including field development
- Follow up and report status of the study activities, including economic performance
- Communication with clients, partners and subcontractors
- Prepare and give presentations
- Evaluate capabilities of partners and subcontractors
- Facilitate design reviews
- Manage/participate in technology development projects
- Participate in reviews of technical basis for EPC tenders
- Provide practical support in establishing Execute phase CTRs, budgets, work preparation and hand-over material.
- Participate in design reviews/gate reviews in studies and EPC execution
- Prepare and check relevant parts of study reports, typically as the lead author
- Prepare tenders for studies, prepare study execution plans, determine study methods and budgets to perform work in accordance with client requirements. (Will include drafting the Scope of Work in response to a problem statement)
- Co-operate with and provide support to Wood's wider business
- Support Business Development
- Provide a consultative role to internal and external clients.
- Quality - ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the Company Quality Policy and procedures.
Health, Safety & Environment - take personal responsibility and reasonable care of own safety and that of others. Work in accordance with training and instruction provided, reporting any shortfalls. Adhere to the requirements of the Company Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and report all incidents and accidents without delay.
Skills / Qualifications
- Min Degree Qualified, preferably in a technical subject
- Chartered (preferred).
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Track record in offshore process facilities design; fixed and floating facilities preferably including decommissioning.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering early phase consultancy / studies (concept, pre-FEED, FEED) expertise
- Demonstrable experience of planning and writing content for tenders
- Demonstrable ability to deliver efficient analytical solutions to engineering design tasks.
- Specific and detailed knowledge of oil and gas process systems, utilities, etc.
- Preparation of specifications to FEED / EPIC tender level of detail
- Experience of Field development planning an advantage
- Specialist experience (SME) an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of multi-discipline engineering, estimating methods, scheduling and management techniques
- Ability to balance competing requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Ability to manage expectations whilst enhancing relationships, both internally and externally
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.