Skills: Logistics Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
The collective expertise and passion of our people, combined with a broad portfolio of over 10,000 technologies, makes us uniquely positioned to deliver solutions that positively impact the environment. Come be part of something special - start your journey today!
VWTS Canada Logistics team is seeking a strong candidate for the day to day logistics operations & warehousing activities for the Chemical and Monitoring Solutions group in Canada.
The incumbent will lead and oversee the logistics and supply chain activities for planning, procurement, receiving and shipping under all Canadian chemical warehouse. This position will be based in Oakville, ON.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Canada Warehouse Manager, CSC, PSI, Global Supply Chain, along with the extended NAM Logistics team.
This is a fast-paced job with many variables including managing conversations at various levels of the organization.
- Manage a team of logistics professionals, warehouse personnel and daily warehouse operational activities in compliance with EHS on both storage and transportation requirements
- Lead the team to identify, analyze, manage potential and actual issues, evaluate risk and implement both preventive and corrective actions by partnering with multiple functions
- Responsible for OTD/OTC delivery performance KPI's to ensure communication accuracy for order fulfilment
- Act as the main point of contact for internal teams, coordinate and expedite the flow of materials from manufacturing plants and suppliers
- Run reports, interface with production, sales, purchasing and suppliers to ensure timely customs release and schedule inbound and outbound deliveries
- Create and submit PAPS and EPA documents including; EPA NOA, cover letter, Bill of Lading, Commercial Invoice, Toxic Substance Control Act Cert. (TSCA) and ACE Electronic Manifest through the CBP online software for commercial goods
- Oversee Canadian import shipments by working with sourcing, suppliers, broker and customs compliance team to streamline classification and clearance process and support compliance initiatives
- Identify & react to both short-term & long-term material plans by working with PSI, procurement and commercial team to define strategy
- Organize shipments by various multimodal transports (Air, Ocean, Road) to/from various overseas destinations and compliance with TDG, IATA, IMDG regulations
- Responsible for indirect purchasing activities, invoice discrepancies and payment inquiries
- Execute and/or maintain various SAP transactional records that include inventory management (receiving, storing, picking, staging and distribution of materials), post goods issue and RMA's
- Create small parcel shipments and maintain accurate files of packing and shipping activities
- Comply with EHS & Quality System regulations and policies
- Develop core team members and conduct performance review for both hourly and salaried employees
- This list is not all-inclusive and may include other duties and/or special projects as assigned and necessary for site operations
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in supply chain/business, with a minimum 3-5 years of experience in the logistics function
- Minimum 2-3 years of SAP experience in the sales & distribution, planning and shipment module
- Must have working knowledge of import/export regulations (e.g. Tariff Classification; Certificate of Origin, Commercial Invoice, etc.) and carrier management
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Ability to adapt / drive change across a global team in a dynamic business environment
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong result-oriented mindset
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
We offer competitive compensation and benefits working in a dynamic environment with challenging projects and training provided to ensure your success.
We realize diverse teams make smarter decisions, deliver better results, and build stronger communities. We're an organization that champions diversity and inclusion at every level and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace!
SUEZ – Water Technologies & Solutions is now part of Veolia and operating as Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions. With operations in 130 countries and over 10,000 employees worldwide, Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions solves the toughest water, wastewater and process challenges around the globe. Leveraging a comprehensive set of chemical, equipment and digital enabled services and products, the company helps customers optimize water resources and overcome process challenges. Veolia Water Technologies & Solutions serves customers across all industries, including food and beverage, metals and mining, power, pharmaceutical, oil and gas, chemicals, petrochemicals, pulp and paper, and utilities.