Skills: Geophysicist, Seismic
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
OPERATED OFFSHORE OIL FIELD DEVELOPMENT
Primary Purpose of Job
Collect, analyze, and evaluate geophysical data for well placement and perform geohazard analysis for well planning. Estimate the risk-level using the geophysical data and contribute to well proposals/prognoses. Contribute to multidisciplinary sector review by integrating all static and dynamic data and performing seismic interpretation.
1. Perform a detailed geo-hazard analysis for well planning using available seismic data and contribute to well proposals / prognoses.
2. Recommend, plan and, design the acquisition of borehole seismic data: Zero offset VSP, 3D VSP and Offset VSP; supervise acquisition jobs and quality check results; interpret final borehole seismic results.
3. Perform seismic interpretation in order to update geological models periodically as a result of ongoing drilling, production depletion and test data analyses; incorporate findings into annual review as necessary.
4. Construct seismic velocity models and carry-out basic time-depth conversion when needed.
5. Support studies and drilling activities and participate in the reviews and evaluations of geophysical studies conducted by third parties.
6. Provide steer to projects related to the processing and reprocessing of seismic data by third parties.
7. Monitor work compliance by Geophysical service providers and contractors and QA/QC Geophysical data and maintain Geophysical databases.
8. Provide on-the-job coaching and development of Qatari staff.
• Prefer at least 8 years of experience in the Oil and Gas industry, with hands-on experience on Geophysical risk assessment related to operations/studies.
Experience & Skills
• Good knowledge of carbonate geology/structural geological principles.
• Strong knowledge of borehole seismic acquisition and processing.
• Good experience in 2D/3D seismic interpretation of carbonate reservoirs in Middle East region.
• Good knowledge of Reserves calculation and the economic aspects of a project.
• Must have strong teamwork skills; experience working in multicultural environment is a plus.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, and management.
• Must have experience/knowledge of Petrel and other current computer software for geophysical applications.
• Minimum of a BSc in Geophysics or Geology is required.