Hides, Papua New Guinea
Hides, Papua New Guinea
Skills: Civil Construction
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hides, Papua New Guinea
Wood is currently seeking expression of interests for Spider Excavator Specialist to join our team in Hides, Papua New Guinea on a rotational schedule. Reporting directly to the Construction Superintendent, this position will be responsible for operation of specialist spider excavators for civil stabilisation activities on the Pipeline Right of Way (ROW).
The role primarily requires operation of Kaiser S2 4x4 Cross for:
- Civil trenching works for French drain installation
- Construction of temporary civil benches (as required) and general civil excavation works
- Locating a boom mounted drilling attachment for micro-pile installation
- Plans and controls the construction interface between site and head office
- Ensuring safe positioning of the spider excavator and execution of the work in consultation with site-based Wood Geotechnical Engineer
- Co-ordinating with Wood surveyor for positioning of the drilling equipment for micro-pile installation
- Collaborating with specialist micro-pile drillers and skilled helpers for the micro-pile installation as well as other spider excavator operators
- Support of training program for PNG nationals
- Assistance with maintenance of the spider excavators and reporting of machine performance to Wood site representatives
- Responsible for the safe execution of the work and environmental management
Skills / Qualifications
- At least 10 years' experience working with spider excavators for civil works
- Demonstrates technical expertise, integrity and the ability to influence and challenge others to behave in ways consistent with the interest of the organisation
- Demonstrates sound, fact-based decision making, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, clients and contractors to help teams achieve goals
- Proven experience in supervising civil operations
- Demonstrated strong commitment to safety
- International assignment/project experience in similar roles will be highly regarded
If you're an experienced Spider Excavator Specialist ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.