Skills: Civil Engineering, Waste Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Mid to Senior Level Water Resources Engineer to join our highly collaborative team in Mid-Atlantic Water Group. This position offers potential for development in a great working environment and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. Typical projects involve helping local, state and federal clients complete floodplain management, stormwater management and other watershed planning projects.
Remote working is an option however candidates who live within in a commuting distance to our offices in either DC or Philadelphia is preferred.
Key Responsibilities :
- Provide leadership/mentoring to engineers and technicians and support the management of water resources projects.
- Perform hydrologic and hydraulic modeling of riverine systems as part of the Risk Mapping, Assessment, and Planning (Risk MAP) program for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Perform quality control reviews and oversee H&H analyses completed by junior engineers
- Execute one dimensional and two dimensional flood risk modeling software applications such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, FLO-2D, and SWMM
- Support field investigations including the collection and analysis of data used to support hydrologic and hydraulic modeling
- Execute established procedures, perform routine calculations and process GIS data necessary to support hydrologic and hydraulic modeling efforts
- Prepare floodplain and watershed studies in compliance with FEMA standards and specifications and assist with Quality Assurance and Quality Control for flood insurance study deliverables
- Evaluate flood mitigation and flood control projects and their effectiveness
- Efficiently work with ArcGIS software and extensions in support of flood risk modeling and mapping and other water resources project needs
- Work with a team of GIS specialists supporting various planning and water resources, flood risk management and environmental restoration projects
- Support spillway capacity and levee certification analyses.
- Develop design options, alternatives, or recommendations for dam rehabilitation.
Skills / Qualifications
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor or Masters of Science in an accredited Civil Engineering Program
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- PE certification
- 5+ years experience in Hydrologic and Hydraulic Data Development in support of Risk MAP
- Experience with HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, and ArcGIS
- Experience with FEMA's Data Capture Standards
- Experience with FEMA's Mapping Information Platform
- Experience with NFIP/Risk MAP
- 2-D hydraulic modeling experience
- Experience with Bulletin 17C
- Experience with PCSWMM or other SWMM based modeling software
Preferred Qualifications :
- CFM certification
- Stormwater Engineering Design Experience
- Experience with InfoWorks ICM software
- Experience with FEMA Region III Risk Analysis Branch
- Pluvial modeling experience
- Climate resilience experience
- Dam analysis and rehabilitation design experience
- Stormwater/green infrastructure design experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.