Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Do you enjoy organisational challenges and the categorisation of goods across a vast portfolio?
Do you consider yourself organised, methodical and analytical?
Join our team of Classification Analysists
Our team oversee that goods, devices and parts are correctly labelled, imported and exported to ensure the continuation and completion of projects
Partner with the best
Get involved in the categorisation and classification of key goods and hardware, integral to the success of innovative global projects
As a Global Classification Analyst, you will be responsible for:
- Classifying products for HS codes and input in SAP / CI Manager databases
- Classifing products for ECCN and input in SAP / CI Manager databases
- Reviewing and releasing Legal Holds and Export approvals of shipments processed in SAP
- Applying for Binding Tariff Information, when required
- Assisting in ad hoc audits conducted by Customs or Export authorities in the region
- Updating HS codes on a yearly basis when new HS codes are released
- Preparing TC metrics and reports as required by Global Trade Compliance
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have significant experience in the classification, categorisation and labelling of goods
- Be comfortable and confident in the assessment, interpretation of technical documents including manuals, drawings and procedures
- Have a background in Mechanics, Engineering or Manufacturing (Or similar) would be highly advantageous to your application, but not essential
- Have some experience in an importing and exporting position that interacts with customs would be highly advantageous
- Have a very high attention to detail, a methodical and organised approach to the classification of goods
- Show enthusiasm for the portfolio of products at your fingertips; from Chemicals through to turbine engines to IT hardware
- Experience in exporting control licenses from relevant authorities and monitoring SAP (US and EU) Licenses would be well received (not essential)
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.