Skills: Project Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Do you have experience managing fuel projects and know what it takes to manage DoD projects using innovative project management, estimating, and project control tools? Wood, a UK-based Engineering & Design firm ranked No. 5 on the ENR Top Design Firms, a leader in the industry in fuels engineering, is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join our team.
The qualified candidate must have a solid technical background with working knowledge of DoD POL Wetted System Repairs, API 653 Tank Repairs, Hydrant System Repairs, and the ability to effectively present technical information to stakeholders. The position will provide the opportunity to travel throughout the continental US and internationally. This is a telecommuting position.
- Assist with managing fuels projects to achieve as-sold requirements for scope, schedule, budget, and compliance with project safety and quality requirements.
- Assist with client and internal project reports to ensure projects are on schedule, on budget, performed safely, and comply with quality requirements.
- Assist the project manager in managing the project close-out, ensuring contract deliverables are delivered on schedule and accepted by the customer. Complete all close-out documents, process invoices, subcontractor releases, and close-out projects per the reporting systems of Wood PLC.
- Comply with the task order contract requirements. Thoroughly review and understand the contract. Ensure that work, plans, submittals, and documents are prepared and delivered as the contract requires. Where discrepancies exist or are noted in the contract, use the RFI or other contract-approved processes to resolve those matters with the customer in a timely and precise manner.
- Assist with the submittal process to complete all priority submittals before the Preparatory Phase Meeting/
- Assist with the change control process to document all change orders and prepare supporting documentation for negotiations.
- Assist the Project Manager in preparing construction drawings and specifications for Military & Commercial Fuel Systems.
- Assist with technical supervision and assistance to ensure project activities are technically valid and results are coordinated for project continuity and control.
- Assist the project manager with maintaining up-to-date records, including correspondence, design direction, progress submittals, schedules, meeting documents, shop drawing review, test reports, as-built records, and other documents necessary to document engineering activities. Ensure all project documents are stored on the designated shared drive and not on personal computers. Understand and implement document management and storage procedures for each project, as per policy.
- Coordinate the preparation of required interim and final deliverables for projects.
- Demonstrated experience completing Military and Commercial fuel system design, startup, and commissioning of facility improvements.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation of construction specifications and drawings for Military and Commercial applications.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Engineering or construction-related field
- Three years of experience with the design/construction of US DoD Fuels Projects.
- Valid EIT is considered a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.