Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is recrutiing for a Principal Structural Designer to join our team in Perth. T his is a long-term opportunity to join our expanding Oil and Gas Operations team, due to the recently securing several large projects with existing long term clients, in addition to a new and significant brownfields engineering opportunity being negotiated with a major player in the LNG industry.
Wood's Operations APAC (West) business delivers brownfields engineering, procurement, construction, optimisation, and technical services to the Oil & Gas sector and enjoys long-term partnerships with the region's most prominent producers located in Western Australia, Northern Territory, Kazakhstan, and Sakhalin.
Reporting to the Lead Structural Designer, you will be w orking across FEED / Execution to EPCM delivery, with a focus on design. To be successful in this role, you will have prior Designer level working experience in the Offshore LNG, Oil & Gas sectors within an EPCM engineering and maintenance project environment with both onshore and offshore scope of work engagements.
- Join the Structural Design Division to deliver projects from scope and through to project completion
- 3D modelling of structural components using PDMS Design & SP3D
- Prepare structural steel installation aids sketches
- Liaising with the other discipline teams to ensure we meet the project outcomes and schedule
- Prepare procedural layouts and sequences
- Provide high level experience in Offshore topside structural design.
At Wood, y ou will join an inclusive and diverse global community of inquisitive minds and recognised industry innovators, partnering to create new possibilities.
Join us in the heart of Perth's CBD at Dexus Place - 240 St Georges Terrace, free 24/7 access to an exclusive onsite gym, superb end of trip facilities, coffee machines serving on demand and plenty of spaces to get creative. In addition, you will have access to remote and flexible working options, purchased annual leave and employee discount programs.
Skills / Qualifications
Only candidates with full work rights for the Australian location will be considered.
Ideally, you will be a qualified designer with a Structural Engineering / Design qualification from a recognised vocational training institution OR equivalent industry experience, and have:
- 5+ years minimum experience in the Oil and Gas industry
- At least 5 years shall have been in a designer role in the structural discipline
- Experience working on FEED, Brownfield and Greenfield projects in Structural Design, p roducing design layouts, detailing and fabrication drawings
- Demonstrated capability of performing the full range of structural discipline design
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with good initiative and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience with engineering teams to deliver complex projects whilst exceeding client expectations
- PDMS Design, PDMS Draft and AutoCAD
- Working knowledge in Navisworks, SP3D, MDS etc.
What will set you apart will be your brownfield experience as a Principal Structural Designer in the Australian O&G offshore facility.
It takes a diverse and inclusive community of inquisitive minds to unlock tomorrow's solutions to the world's most critical challenges. Wood encourages Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply.
If you are an experienced Principal Structural Designer, apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Shortlisting will commence immediately after.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.