Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Si Racha, Chon Buri, Thailand
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Mechanical Equipment Engineers.
- Act as mechanical equipment engineer in mechanical equipment team on the assigned equipment and projects
- Effectively communicate and Interface with other disciplines, clients, contractor and suppliers (s) for the assigned mechanical equipment
- Support other disciplines for mechanical equipment selection, plot space, dimension etc. suit for the application
- Prepare technical specifications, mechanical data sheets, requisitions and sub - contract requisitions of the assigned mechanical equipment for inquiry and order
- Conduct technical evaluation, equipment LCC and clarification of supplier bids - complete technical report to support order placement
- Lead technical discussion, meetings with suppliers and clients
- Review supplier documentation and applicable engineering deliverables for integration within project design engineering (DS / P&IDs / GA / Details / Calculations / Test Procedures, etc.)
- Provide project technical support - be familiar with risk assessments, design reviews, constructability, HAZOP, etc.
- Attend pre - inspection meetings, perform inspection and witness factory acceptance and / or site acceptance testing of mechanical equipment where required
- Provide construction support and site support, as nessary for for equipment installation, start - up and commissioning
- Perform such duties as may reasonably be assigned
Please note that applications from Filipino nationals are accepted.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Mechanical Engineering with a certified Mechanical Engineering License
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable and demonstrable experience working on rotating, package equipment, material handling equipment for process plant project (Refinery / Chemical / Petrochemical / Power / Oil & Gas)
- Working knowledge of recognized industry codes and standards e.g. ANSI, ASME, ISO, API, BS, NFPA, PIP etc.
- Experiences in equipment selections, specifications, requisitions, technical bids evaluation and supplier document reviews, etc. in Engineering firms, Equipment Manufactures including an operation and maintenance of Process Plant Equipment
- Hard worker, well organized, proactive, high leadership, teamwork attitude and problem solving in a timely manner
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can - do attitude and a desire to win
- Possess good interpersonal skills with excellent English communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.