Skills: Marine Surveying, Offshore Position Surveying
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Broussard, Louisiana, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The position of Party Chief of Service Excellence Survey Services exists for the purpose of managing and carrying out required tasks in the field for survey projects, as requested by manager or project specific manager, and / or field client representatives for the survey project's field activities. This position is responsible for assuring that client needs are effectively met regarding field activities, and that all tasks are performed efficiently, responsibly and in accordance with safe work procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist new and fellow employees in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures
- Coordinating and communicating with clients, crew members and project managers
- Conduct and document daily Job Safety Analysis (JSA)/ Safety pre-tower meetings
- Responsible for offshore operations including personnel, daily progress and asset utilization
- Train and adhere to OII, DOTD or client company's specific requirements
- Managing and carrying out specific job tasks as requested by client or project manager
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor
- Responsible for the care and safety of company equipment
- Training of fellow field personnel
- All other duties as assigned
- This position has no direct reports however has in the field temporary supervisory responsibilities of the assigned crew.
- Project Manager - Survey & Positioning Solution
- Operations Manager - Service Excellence
- Two (2) year technical degree or higher in a STEM field of study
- Three (3) or more years experience as a Sr Surveyor in the Marine Construction/Survey & Positioning Survey field Must be proficient with a variety of the field concepts, practices, procedures and equipment operations such as GPS, USBL, LBL and Navigation Softwares
- Must have valid driver's license and suitable driving record that is able to meet company driver requirements
- Must have or be able to obtain TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential)
- Must have knowledge of basic computer skills, major survey equipment manufacturer's software and equipment
- University degree or equivalent
This position is considered OFFSHORE which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85db and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work
- Team Lift 50-100 pounds
- Sit, twist, crawl, climb stairs/ ladders, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Operate small water vessel or ATV
- Lift 25-45 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
Balance, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, reach with hands and arms, and lift/carry objects, handle or feel.
- Differentiate between colors
- Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Close vision ability and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing all ranges
- Wear steel toed shoes/ boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Technician COVID Vaccine Requirement:
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, the majority of Oceaneering's offshore clients are requiring that all individuals working on their rigs and vessels be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for offshore positions at Oceaneering. All applicants selected for offshore positions will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.