Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
As a Training and Mission Operations Engineer, you will support NASA's Human Space Flight missions to the International Space Station and Artemis Lunar Destinations. You will be responsible for becoming an expert on the design, integration, operation, and maintenance of a Spacesuit, ancillary ground and flight support equipment, and EVA Tools such that Extravehicular Activities can be performed effectively and efficiently in Low Earth Orbit or on the surface of the moon. Specifically, your expertise must result in training plans/documentation and training events for NASA Astronauts, Astronaut trainers and Flight controllers. This position will also support the derivation of EVA Operations that enable the science and/or mission objectives to be met.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Development of lesson plans and mission operations products for training Astronauts and Spaceflight controller leads.
- Work with an Augmented Reality software team to develop and implement new remote Astronaut/Spacesuit/EVA Tools training applications.
- Provide instruction in small classroom environments for hands-on training of Spacesuit, Spacesuit ground/flight support equipment, and EVA tool technologies.
- Support human spaceflight Mission Operations planning to define equipment, tools, processes, and operations needed to successfully execute a mission.
- Apply engineering and scientific knowledge and principles in support of Spacesuit and EVA Tools design development and performance evaluations.
- Must be able to work in a team environment that crosses multi-functional groups such as Medicine, Engineering, and Science.
- BS in Engineering or Science from an Accredited University and 0-6 years direct experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarization with Office Products.
- US Citizenship required.
- Experience with multidisciplinary teams
- Experience with training and development of lesson plans and materials including hands-on small classroom teaching
- Familiarization with augmented reality technology as associated with enhanced learning applications, please indicate field (ex. Medical or Mechanical)
- Experience with NASA EVA Tools and Crew Aids
- Experience with Space Suit and associated Ground Support Equipment design and Interfaces with host Spacecraft
- Experience with Mission Operations products such as procedures, checklists, and flight rules
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact employees, workplaces, families and communities, many of Oceaneering's clients are requiring that all individuals working at their sites be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus, including employees of Oceaneering and other contractors. Accordingly, only individuals who are, or are willing to be, fully vaccinated before their start date are eligible for this position. Any applicant selected for this position will be required to prove that they are fully vaccinated prior to their start date.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.