Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Barnard Castle, United Kingdom
Wood Life Sciences business is currently recruiting for a Senior Planner to support at a client pharmaceutical site based in Barnard Castle, County Durham.
This is a permanent staff, site based role.
You will prepare, review and reporting of accurate project schedules and plans in support of the robust control of projects throughout their lifecycle.
Preparation and submission of project schedules and plans, ensuring schedules and plans are prepared to the required level of detail and accuracy in accordance with contractual requirements and Wood policies, procedures, and standards.
- Understanding the scope of the project and contract deliverables.
- Collection of data required to prepare detailed schedules using data gathered from the Wood Imperium systems.
- Create & manage detailed project schedule from detailed design through to construction & close-out phases of the project.
- Development of Level 4 Schedules to support the basis behind Implementation work-packs for the project.
- Raising of activities and coding structure in the selected planning software.
- Interfacing of planning information between Wood and the Clients team.
- Liaise with Operations, third party contractors and Vendors to develop a holistic construction schedule to support implementation activities
- Liaison with engineering/site teams and feedback of planning/progress information on a weekly basis.
- Analysis of schedule data and communication of results to relevant parties.
- Presenting the schedule of work to others on the project and to job responsible engineers (JRS's).
- Producing visual aids to help explain the schedule of work, including bar charts, network diagrams and histograms.
- Making sure the achieved progress on the project fits the progress anticipated in the schedule.
- Keeping in contact with the Lead Planning Engineer and client focal point.
- Manage dependencies, highlight critical paths, slippages & floats within projects
- Facilitate scheduling meetings with Project Managers & Engineers to discuss the progress of the project & address any issues that arise .
- Ensuring that all the separate elements of the project fit together and are working towards a common aim Identifying the best series of events in the correct order for the project to finish on time and on budget.
- Carry out all works in compliance with Wood Corporate and Project specific procedures.
- Attendance at relevant progress and planning meetings.
- Travel as required between the project offices and sites.
- Adherence to Wood's company and project health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
Skills / Qualifications
- Experience of EPC contracts and Engineering, Fabrication and construction
- Demonstrated experience in planning within an Oil & Gas environment
- Knowledgeable in commercial requirements and practices
- Good Understanding of UK context and good practices
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.