Skills: Project Engineer
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Staines, United Kingdom
Wood has an opportunity for a Principal Project Engineer to join our team in Staines. You will be required to help support delivery of engineering excellence in assigned project(s) through coordinating and delivering the engineering for an assigned project scope to schedule and in accordance with applicable procedures, specifications and standards.
- Fully understands technical work scopes including commercial aspects and has working knowledge of specifications and standards
- Completely familiar with project Contractual and Commercial requirements and able to communicate these to less experienced project engineers
- Fully conversant with project scopes and work carried out by all engineering disciplines and various interface and inter discipline coordination requirements among the various disciplines including procurement and construction., and able to communicate those to less experienced project engineers.
- Understands the concept of customer satisfaction and is able to deliver to internal customers, including other Engineering disciplines
- Understands and knows how to apply the procedures and work practices which define and govern Engineering Management and Project Engineering deliverables
- Understands the importance of Project Engineering deliverables documents and the need for accuracy and timely issue Commercially astute and able to implement Change control
- Has a good knowledge of standards, procedures and work practices; follows project execution flow chart; good skills in project and technical execution
- Able to lead Project Engineering team; able to manage between Engineering Discipline Groups
- Good communicator in leading work effort; motivates team; positive and active in solutions and proactive attitude
- Competent at managing technical matters and interfaces with Third Parties
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or Masters in an engineering discipline
- Professional Engineer or engineering chartership preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent qualification preferred
- Have experience in an appropriate industry (ideally in one or more of Oil & Gas, LNG & GTL, Refining, Petrochemicals, Chemicals, Pharmaceutical, Power)
- Good understanding of technical work scope, key dates and milestones
- Good communicator verbally and in written form
- Strong planning, organising and execution skills
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Works effectively as a member of a team
- Thinks strategically, able to plan and lead change
- Builds collaboration and influences others to collaborate
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.