Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Supply Chain Management
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood is currently recruiting for a LEAD INSPECTOR / EXPEDITOR (Supply Chain) with good experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the Inspection and Expediting of Purchase Orders to ensure material delivered per contract requirement and within project schedules / purchase order terms
- Develop Project Inspection / Expediting Procedures and Plan
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of inspection and expediting as determined by project strategy, processes, and procedures
- Lead a team of inspectors / expeditors, ensure personnel carrying out activities have a clear understanding of processes and procedures
- Review of supplier Quality Control / Inspection and Test Plan
- Attend / Lead Pre-Inspection Meetings (PIMs). Attend field inspections / visit suppliers to solve major quality issues. Prepare and issue report for Inspections and PIMs
- Selection of agency inspectors / expeditors, coordinate inspection / expediting assignment, receive, review, and distribute reports
- Track NCRs and ensure timely closures
- Attend Purchase Order KO Meetings. Manage and monitor the more challenging and complex packages &/or suppliers and identify delivery improvement opportunities by details analysis of supplier project schedules
- Obtain and review of production schedules, expedite and review of progress reports, continuous surveillance of each purchase order and suggest appropriate actions where slippage occurs
- Visit suppliers for expediting purpose
- Updating of PO inspection / expediting status in company ' s material management system. Preparation of inspection and expediting summary reports
- Maintain an auditable file of all relevant documentation for each purchase order
Skills / Qualifications
PERSON Qualification, Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Degree / Diploma in Engineering preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- Overall 12+ years' experience with 5 years of relevant experience in the inspection of equipment and materials for petrochemical / oil and gas / pharma Projects
- Experience in Inspection of Static Equipment (pressure vessels, heat exchangers), piping materials (bulks and tagged items). Experience in Inspection of Machinery equipment (Pumps, Agitators, etc.), Electrical and Instruments will be added advantage. Understanding of relevant ASME and other industrial codes and standards.
- Good understanding of quality management system
- Detailed knowledge of Suppliers, Manufacturing Schedules and Expediting. Knowledge of terms and conditions of purchase/supplier obligations. Detailed Knowledge of Materials & Document Expediting Practices
- Hands-on experience on MS office
- Excellent Communication Skills. Strong Team Player. Adaptability and Problem-Solving Skills
- Having valid Inspection certificates such as NDE Level II, Welding inspection, painting inspection will be added advantage
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.