Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Engineer - Electrical with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
The incumbent shall be skilled in the below areas of expertise:
1. Detailed knowledge of the Electrical discipline for the following technical aspects of projects
- Electrical principals
- Codes and standards and their application
- Distribution and power generation design
- Safety systems, protection and control
- Area classification
- Electrical studies and calculations
- Plant design and equipment layout
- Specification, evaluation and procurement of equipment and materials
- Coordinate with suppliers via the procurement team
- Coordinate with other disciplines were required
- Review and approve supplier documentation
- Factory acceptance testing, construction and commissioning support Facilitate work share project execution with our associated offices.
- Be fully conversant with Company procedures, technical work practices, workings and policy.
2. Keep up to date with the latest technological advancements and best practices within the electrical specialisation.
3. Continue professional development by attendance to in and out of company technical training.
4. Facilitate work share project execution with our associated offices
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate in Electrical & Electronics Engineering or Equivalent (Essential)
- Membership to Professional Organisations (Desirable)
- 8-14 years of experience in Electrical Engineering environment with lead role in project execution (Essential).
- Ability to lead small teams in a multi-discipline task force-based engineering environment (Essential)
- Proven expertise in FEED and EPC Engineering execution including Field Engineering in Project execution (Desirable).
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.