Skills: Manufacturing Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Rio de Janeiro, State of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under broad direction, responsible for maximizing the effectiveness of a focus factory or Mfg Facility by continuous review and refinement of processes.
- Analyzes and provides direction for manufacturability of new products for process improvement or development.
- Assists Technology in the design review process of new products and analyzes complex engineering prints of items to be manufactured or sourced to include prototype designs.
- Coordinates improvement initiatives within assigned areas and develops stretch proposals and measurements for performance improvement per established metrics, and monitors process performance.
- Reviews products, upgrades shop processes, and evaluates effectiveness of changes while managing improvement projects.
- Establishes standards and best practices for process development.
- Utilizes software packages used in the manufacturing process such as SAP, MATRIX, Factory Planner, Solidworks, AutoCAD, etc. Vets the purchase of capital equipment and the establishing of new work center processes for these purchases.
- May assist in training and mentoring lower level analysts as required.
Primary job duties will be:
- Participate in design reviews.
- Participate in Layered Release decision.
- Make / Buy decision.
- Load projects into Tracker.
- Supply raw material as required.
- Budgetary quote components.
- Place Purchase Requisition as required.
- Provide prints and BOM.
- Coordinate with manufacturing for internal builds.
- Coordinate with supplier on production concerns.
- Monitor production status of components.
- Notify Technology of project slippage.
- Notify Technology of completion of components.
- Assist with Supply Chain growth.
- Proficient in Prototype Tracker.
- Proficient in CWI.
- Proficient in SAP.
- Knowledgeable in Engineering Specifications.
- Knowledgeable in Blueprint reading.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, or similar discipline;
- Advanced/Fluent English;
- Knowledge in hardware/electronic is preferred;
- Experience in manufacturing production, scheduling, or warehousing is preferred.
- SAP Purchase to Pay Module experience preferred.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Rua Paulo Emidio Barbosa 485 Q, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, 291941, Brazil
Requisition Number: 146516
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Completion Tools
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.