Norwich, United Kingdom
Norwich, United Kingdom
Skills: Structural Engineering, Asset Integrity Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Norwich, United Kingdom
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic and highly motivated individual to be a member of the Perenco UK Integrity Team offshore. You will be responsible for contributing to the management of the integrity of topside structures, including ownership of Written Schemes of Examination, inspection regimes, inspection methodology, defect assessment, fit for purpose assessments and repair strategies for offshore structures, in direct support of the onshore Senior Integrity Engineers and Technical Authorities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the supervision and direction of offshore inspection activities for offshore topside structures as well as pressure systems and pipelines. You will provide active support to the relevant Competent Person/Technical Authority not only for Structures but also a knowledge of IPPPS and Pipeline regulations are desirable. Actively support the specific goal of ensuring Perenco UK's assets remain fit for purpose until the projected end of field life dates.
This is an offshore role working on a 2 week on 2 week off rotation.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Be part of the offshore inspection team, supervising the execution of inspections and ensuring that all integrity threats are adequately addressed through inspection and repair.
- Responsible for reviewing the adequacy of written schemes of examination and adjusting inspection plans to address the as found condition of equipment, to enrich and focus inspection reports for any unforeseen integrity threats as well as the routine planned WSE scopes.
- Review, update and provide clarity to inspection asset lists to the offshore inspection team leader by communicating priorities and inspection expectations. Monitor progress of inspection execution to ensure inspection due dates are met and inspection resource is adequate to meet the planned workloads. Communicate progress with the Senior Inspection Engineer and advise on need for any adjustments.
- Inspection Quality - ensure all inspection reports are reviewed for fulfilment of scope ensuring that the onsite, as found condition of the asset is accurately and fully reflected in the scope of the inspection report. Highlight any shortcomings of the report directly to the offshore inspection team leader. Provide constructive feedback to the Inspection Technicians on the quality of their reports to continuously develop, improve competence and report quality and accuracy.
- Review inspection findings and propose updated written schemes of examination (WSE) to appropriately address and manage the future integrity of equipment by population of PUK's WSE electronic database (TiM).
- Identify repairs where necessary and propose, raise and review repair orders & fabric maintenance recommendations by population of MAXIMO. Assist Senior Integrity Engineer to energise and initiate timely execution of repair orders and fabric maintenance activities necessary to maintain legal compliance and safe future service. Ensure that repair order assessments remain current and that overdue repair orders are appropriately reassessed for safe continued use.
Key Tasks Cont:
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks:
Immediate recognition of defects & anomalies which represent a serious threat to safety/integrity timely/appropriate communication, notification and advice to integrity engineers, line management & operations staff as appropriate.
Key Requirements Include:
The minimum requirement for this position is a recognised academic qualification in Engineering (or similar), with Incorporated or Chartered status (or working towards it).
Experience in Process / Petrochemicals Industry & / or onshore / offshore oil & gas is preferable. Relevant experience should include:
With an analytic eye for detail, you should have a pro-active, hands on and innovative approach to carrying out competent assessments, problem solving and good interpersonal, IT and communication skills.
Working as part of the Integrity Team sharing your skills and knowledge and developing new procedures and systems is essential.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including: