Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Working Foreman with extensive experience in the power generation/maintenance industry.
This position will be responsible for leading a small team of contract personnel on a job site to ensure safe, quality contractual performance.
- Pay Rate of $30 - $40/hr DOE
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k Benefits
- Free Uniforms
Skills / Qualifications
At a minimum, contractor is expectations and qualifications include:
• Assess and correct job inefficiencies
• Enforce compliance of all safety, EEO, DDA, FERC, EPA and other applicable policies
• Conduct safety pre-job briefings, safety training and post-accident investigations
• Keep accountability of all assigned employees and equipment
• Oversee a single work crew, as well as being capable of assisting with the actual work at hand
• Two or more years' experience in area of supervision
• Knowledge significant of power plant operations
• Experienced in planning and directing skilled and semi-skilled craft workers
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Skilled in reading and understanding blueprints and technical specifications
• Proficient with MS Office Suite and Maximo Software
• Able lift 50 pounds and work at heights and in confined spaces
• Able to read, write and speak English proficiently
• Must possess the same or greater level of qualifications and skill sets required of those crew
members under his direction
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.