Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Minden, Nevada, United States
Network Engineering Specialist
Are you excited about electrical engineering?
Are you passionate about designing and maintaining complex network systems?
Join our Bently Nevada Team!
Bently Nevada, a Baker Hughes business, offers a plant-wide, holistic suite of machine condition monitoring and protection solutions that help customers achieve the highest level of asset reliability possible.
Partner with the best
The Network Engineering Specialist role provides diverse work responsibilities and an opportunity to build upon the candidate's network engineering knowledge and expertise in a manufacturing environment. The developing and maintaining a complex manufacturing network system. Management of devices, operator stations, firewalls, cyber security, server infrastructures, and system backup solutions.
The position requires individuals to be on-site for direct interfacing with internal development teams, equipment, and parent company IT Network, Firewall, and Cyber Security systems and organizations.
As a Network Engineering Specialist, you will be responsible for:
- Installing, configuring, and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, VLAN networks, DNS and DHCP.
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and hardware including systems software, applications software, operating system updates, firewall configuration, antivirus administration and configurations.
- Maintaining on-site and cloud backup system along with disaster recovery operations.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, network, and system problems in a large manufacturing environment.
- Implementing, monitor, and maintain all levels of network security including security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the corporate security team.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor's Degree or Associates in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Information Technology, and Information Systems, Information Science, Systems & Network Administration from an accredited college or university and or equivalent work experience.
- 1 - 2 years applied and technical experience in network architecture, deployment, and supporting enterprise level network environment with knowledge of IP based protocols and troubleshooting.
- Experience with LAN, WAN, and WLAN design and implementation.
- Experience with network systems, security principles, management, core routing.
- Experience and technical knowledge of network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including routers, switches, firewalls, remote access, and VLANS.
- Experienced with legacy Windows operating systems (XP, 7, server 2008/2012) and virtualization (VMWare)
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Bently Nevada a Baker Hughes business. We know we are better when all our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees, customers and the communities in which we operate, this role requires full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work.About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.