Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood is seeking an Intermediate Instrumentation & Controls Engineer to join our Mining & Minerals business group. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this position is located at our Vancouver, BC office.Wood Mining & Minerals business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this opportunity is for you.
- Create Scope of Work documents for engineering and construction project phases as well as Instrument Design Criteria and equipment datasheets
- Develop engineering man-hour and capital cost estimates for feasibility study and detail engineering proposals
- Manage a team of Instrument Designers; provide scheduling, progress monitoring and technical direction
- Work as part of a team of Instrument Designers in the programming/configuration of Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Human Machine Interfaces (HMI) and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Specify and procure field instrumentation/control valves, Process Control System hardware and software
- Manage and monitor costs associated with the selection, cost and installation of Instrumentation and Control System equipment
- Design control system networks; including network architecture design, control system bus technologies and the selection of hardware and software components
- Develop and review Logic drawings and Process Control Narratives
- Provide construction and commissioning support for instrumentation and control system installations
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Instrumentation Design technology along with the ability to register as a Professional Engineer with EGBC
- 10+ years direct experience in mining, industrial or process plant design
- Excellent organizational, technical, communication and computer skills
- Knowledge of general civil designs and an understanding of industry codes, standards, and construction methods
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.