Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Piping Designer who aspires to be part of a team delivering powerful results. We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution. We have a diverse range of opportunities within our Perth office.
Wood is at the forefront of engineering solutions for a net zero future. A key component of decarbonising the world is the Mining and Minerals Industry which supplies the critical minerals required for this revolution. Wood is currently delivering critical metals projects (Battery and Magnet metals) all over the world, including Copper, Lithium, Vanadium, Rare Earths, and Base Metals projects.
Wood can offer you a career in the ever expanding battery and magnet metals industry driving the decarbonisation of the globe. Working in our newly fitted offices in the Perth CBD we have an onsite gym with five star end of trip facilities.
Position Specifics & Deliverables
- Report to the Lead Piping Designer, the main functions of the role will be to execute piping 3D designing and drafting activities
- Ensure that design activities are performed within allocated project budgets and time constraints to ensure tasks are delivered on time and in a cost effective manner
- Develop 3D Piping models based on the study layouts
- Develop 2D Piping General Arrangement, Isometric Drawings, and Piping Material take-offs
- Prepare Isometric sketches for all stress critical lines with the possible support locations and assist the stress engineer to carry out stress analysis
- Assist, remodel and update the model based on the Internal and Client reviews, latest Supplier information, and Isometric checking comments and maintain the clash free model
- Ensure that all design deliverables have been prepared, checked, and approved in accordance with the Company Quality Assurance system and Company drafting manual
- Ensure zero harm by following HSE procedures
Skills / Qualifications
What will set you apart is your a proven track record of delivering large mining projects in an engineering company, and your excellent working knowledge in Bentley suite programs. You will also have:
- Knowledge in applying relevant industry design practices and key national and international standards and codes
- Knowledge of Equipment layout Development, Piping layout design for all types of equipment such as Vessels, Exchangers, Tanks, Filters and Pumps
- Hands-on experience with 3D design and drafting tools such as Plantspace, Openplant, PDMS
- Ability to deliver best practice plant/piping design, with emphasis on cost-effective engineering
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude
- Excellent attention to detail
- Possess good interpersonal skills with sound written and oral communication skills
Please note, only applicants holding valid working rights in Australia will be considered. We are looking for Perth based candidates. If you plan on relocating, please include a Cover Letter.
So much of our success depends on feeling part of a team with people around us that we can rely on. What unites us is our values. They set the tone, help create our culture, give us one common set of principles and help us all have a great experience at work.
If you're an experienced Piping Designer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.