Skills: Asset Integrity Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Wood is recruiting for an Integrity Management Engineer to join our team in Australia. This role can be based in Perth, Brisbane or Melbourne and is a sensational opportunity for a qualified engineer with a keen interest in Integrity Management, Reliability Engineering or Asset Integrity Management to join our Australia wide team.
In joining the Asset Integrity Management team, you will continue to develop your professional and technical skills, gain hands on experience and make an impact within a supportive team tackling the issues facing the energy sector now. We are looking for individuals who get a kick out of working closely with external stakeholders, our clients and our best technical, business and digital experts based internally to the business, to drive real decarbonisation and optimisation outcomes for energy, mining, and infrastructure assets.
Our successful candidate will quickly be involved in providing consulting and engineering solutions, understanding the issues of key clients and responding by delivering improved outcomes while balancing asset integrity, reliability, performance and cost.
After initial inductions and training, our selected candidate will quickly be involved in:
- Evaluate asset information to determine hazards, failure modes and risk mitigations
- Involvement in the development and implementation of asset integrity management systems (AIMS); Assessing damage mechanisms in oil and gas industries
- Utilise spreadsheet and database tools to capture and manipulate data; identifying trends and equipment health concerns
- KPI reporting and performance metric development for system integrity
- Develop maintenance strategies using a reliability-centred maintenance approach
- Updating Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
- Fitness for service assessments
- Develop inspection programs and procedures for critical equipment
- Development of client reports to communicate results and recommendations
- Development of client proposals and scopes of work
- Assuming ownership of small projects, managing from start to finish following Wood's Quality Management System
- Potential opportunities for field / site work to support these activities
At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those who hold Permanent Residency (PR) Visa and are able to work lawfully in Australia.
Skills / Qualifications
It takes a diverse team to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector. The technical and professional expertise of our teams are a significant contributor to our continued outstanding global performance, where Wood ranks No. 6 in the 2022 ENR Top 500 Design Firms and No. 2 in both Industrial Process & Petroleum and Manufacturing Sectors. As a member of this successful team and a member of our global Asset Integrity Management team, you will have completed your degree / qualification and had ideally 2 - 6 years industry experience.
We are looking for energetic people who are highly motivated, technically curious, have a 'hands on' approach, organised, proactive and are self-disciplined.
- Degree in Materials, Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics, Process, or Civil / Structural Engineering from an accredited University
- Further qualification in Commerce / Business / Data Analytics or previous Commercial or Management Consulting exposure would be advantageous
- Experience in packaged software implementation, end user training on software applications, end user support, or related activities would be advantageous.
We are looking for technical professionals who are motivated and enjoy working as part of a close knit and supportive team. Individuals who are:
- Client focused with solid communication and relationship building skills
- Committed to business process compliance
- Hands on, organised, proactive and self-disciplined
- Confident in presentations, have a high level of English literacy coupled with effective report writing skills
- Engineering software and computer literate
This is a career development opportunity where you will be supported while you
- Have exposure to a diverse array of complex engagements in the energy industry
- Have exposure to Energy Transition challenges such as optimisation for emissions reductions, repurposing of traditional assets for new fuels such as hydrogen, and life-cycle management of renewable assets.
- Have an excellent opportunity for personal technical development through global network of Wood technical experts
- Receive One on One mentoring through the Wood mentoring program
You will be expected to learn our business drivers, processes, culture and understand how integrity and reliability engineering delivers real value in the energy industry. You will connect directly with our customers and lead engagements. You will also learn and develop an understanding of how the interactions with our customers, their needs, and our value proposition enables us to deliver step changes in performance for our clients
Wood has a number of offices located throughout Australia and flexibility in working location is offered, with hybrid office / home working and remote working solutions available. This role may be centred in either Brisbane, Perth or Melbourne.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.