Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Skills: Geologist, Mud Logging, MWD / LWD
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Do you enjoy working with cutting-edge energy equipment?
Do you enjoy being part of a practical and hands-on team of specialists?
Join our team of field specialists
Enjoy a fast paced, hands on and exciting role at Baker Hughes
Partner with the best
The Field Specialist will work an adhoc offshore rotation and will be in charge of data collection, geological analysis, well monitoring, reporting and wellsite communication. They will also be responsible for maintaining equipment and supply levels offshore.
As a Field Specialist - SLS, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all operator and BH HS&E policies and procedures are understood and followed
- Ensuring that all equipment and services are functioning properly and accurately recording data to the database.
- Performing regular and frequent calibration checks of instruments and routine maintenance is performed as required on all equipment.
- Notifying well site personnel of any anticipated or observed drilling problems related to geology, detection of a kick, or lost circulation.
- Managing the database, ensuring the quality and integrity of well data; ensure that real time data is reliable and meets requirements.
- Establishing accurate and comprehensive client logs and their updates including standard SLS set, times, prints and plots requested by Client
- Rigging-Up units and all equipment as required, conforming to scope of work. Ensure all installations are performed in a safe manner.
- Submitting detailed reports of equipment or software malfunctions and report the action(s) taken to repair or solve the problems.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's Degree or HND/ HNC with significant mud logging experience =
- Have the flexibility to work any schedule offshore based on business needs
- Have previous M/LWD experience and knowledge would be desirable (potential for a cross trained field specialist to ARTE engineer)
- Have flexibility to work any schedule offshore based on business needs
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.