Skills: Pipeline Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Reading, England, United Kingdom
Wood are currently recruiting for a Pipeline Engineer as staff, to work in Reading, Berkshire UK. The candidate will be responsible for FEED and Detailed Design of onshore oil and gas pipelines and associated facilities.
Responsibilities extend into providing services
- Pipeline route selection
- Mechanical design, i.e. wall thickness, preliminary stress analysis, expansion analysis, and free-span analysis
- Development of material take-offs
- Development of material specifications and data sheets
- Development of construction and inspection (NDT) specifications
- Preparation of Pipeline EPC scopes of work
- Input to EPC schedules and Cost Estimate
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering degree
- Chartered engineer status preferred
- Requires previous experience on the mechanical and civil design of onshore pipeline projects and the project execution strategies associated with pipeline procurement and construction
- Familiar with the relevant International standards and Codes of Practice and competent in the design, specification and selection of pipeline systems to meet the requirements therein
- Experienced in the use of pipeline design software (AutoCAD, Microstation, CAESAR II) preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint is required
- Experience working with Middle East clients is an advantage
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard to the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.