Skills: Subsea Engineer, Subsea Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Staines-upon-Thames, England, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a staff Senior Subsea Pipeline Engineer based in Staines, UK.
The Senior Engineer shall be acting as a member of a technical project team to provide subsea pipeline expertise and develop technical capability and a member of project teams to undertake assigned tasks.
- Ensure technical compliance, accuracy, quality and execution of all aspects of offshore pipeline design at conceptual, FEED and EPC / PMC level
- Carry out, review, approve and/or supervise study and design work
- Provide assistance to other disciplines and participate in review meetings, in accordance with Project requirements
- Develop, review, and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations and deliverables such as tie-in spool and riser design, route selection, wall thickness design, on-bottom stability, spans analysis, pipeline expansion, on-bottom roughness, global buckling and cathodic protection design
- Develop pipeline installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance analysis and procedures
- Development of specifications, data sheets, material requisitions and EPC scope of work
- Identification of gap/conflicts amongst various project information, specifications/drawings & recommend corrective measures to ensure design integrity
Skills / Qualifications
Required Qualifications, Experience and Competence:
- Minimum BSc Degree in Engineering but MSc degree desirable
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in subsea pipeline design
- Proven track record in a conceptual environment as well as FEED and detailed design experience
- Familiar with the relevant International standards and Codes of Practice and competent in the design, specification and selection of pipeline systems to meet the requirements
- Knowledge of finite element modelling in 2D, 3D (desirable)
- Knowledge of pipeline installation techniques.
- Knowledge of pipeline materials, insulation methods, composite pipe types.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.