Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Develop Job Material Lists (JML) in support of material requirements for Task Group Instructions (TGI) and material quotes for new work; identify all material requirements to support all projects. Requires a research oriented mindset with the ability to multi-task and apply technical direction from blue prints and manuals. The daily use of technical manuals, equipment manuals, operating and maintenance instructions/manuals, drawings, database entry, parts lists, assembly instructions, reports, appendices, etc. Use of the ATIS (Advanced Technical Information Support) software on a daily basis during JML development.
Expectations of this function are:
- Self motivated, focused individual with strong attention to detail and high ethical standards.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints and technical manuals.
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to support multiple Projects.
- Ability to work as part of team of technical personnel.
- Strong organizational skills and analytical / logical approach.
- Ability to synthesize diverse information (technical, schedule) and exercise good judgment
Duties & Responsibilities
- Complete Material Planner qualifications as directed by Material Planning Supervisor.
- Develop JMLs through review of applicable drawings and technical references as invoked by the applicable statement of work. Interface with Purchasing Department to provide written material quotes and determine total material cost for bids/quotes when directed.
- Conduct all necessary research to provide a material list for all projects.
- Read, understand and interpret blueprints, drawings, schematics and specifications to determine the material requirements for the tasks assigned.
- Proper use of the UIPIs, Navy Standard Items, OII-MSD Submarine & Deep Submergence Systems Quality Assurance Manual, OII-MSD Process Instructions.
- Strong research abilities using various search engines, databases, ATIS, Haystack and other available resources.
- Interface with Planners during the development of Technical Work Documents to ensure all material needs are met. Issue Job Material Lists in sequence with the Technical Work Documents to ensure schedule priorities are met.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
The above list is only a representative sample of what the Material Planner may be asked to do. The Material Planner may perform other special projects or duties as required to support business needs.
Directly Supervised: None
Indirectly Supervised: None
- A. S. in Engineering or Business Management discipline; or High School/GED with 3-5 years (I) or 6+ years (II) military and/or civilian shipyard experience.
- Or a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a Business or Communication discipline
- Strong computer skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Advanced MS Excel skills are preferred.
- AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.