Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting Senior E&I Designers to join our growing Brisbane office on this technically challenging Magnetite project in Uzbekistan. Commencing into the Detailed Design phase of the project you will need to have a sound background in electrical / instrumentation engineering design and coordination to ensure the detail design is executed successfully. This project promises to deliver to those looking for a challenge and inclusion within a successful team.
Wood is leading some of the world's most technically challenging mining and minerals projects across a range of commodities, including the new wave of battery metal opportunities.
You will be involved in the E&I design for this new project and support Instrumentation and Electrical Engineers with development of wiring and installation drawings for electrical equipment and work with other disciplines, in a team environment to create multi-discipline design packages.
You will deliver best practice Instrumentation and Control design and documentation in alignment with the Company organizational and Client requirements.
Your key responsibilities of the role will include, but are not limited to:
- Delivering best practice E&I design and documentation in alignment with the Company organizational and Client requirements
- Participate in design reviews
- Ensure that design activities are performed within allocated project budgets and time constraints to ensure tasks are delivered on time and in a cost-effective manner
- Maintain and apply a working knowledge of design standards and codes
- Ensure that all design deliverables have been prepared, checked and approved in accordance with the Company Quality Assurance system and drafting procedures
- Work in conjunction with other Discipline Designers, Engineers and supervisors to support engineering project delivery
- Readily take ownership of discipline design commitments and requirements on the project
Skills / Qualifications
- 8 -10+ yrs. experience in Electrical / Instrumentation design in general design drafting experience, with at least 5 years in the mining and minerals processing field
- Strong knowledge in applying relevant Electrical / Instrumentation industry design practices and key national and international standards and codes.
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills, particularly the ability to communicate discipline requirements to other members of the project team
- Ability to deliver best practice design and drafting, with emphasis on cost-effective design
- Good attention to detail
- Competency in Microstation and/or AutoCAD
- Competency in 3D Design tools
- Knowledge of and exposure to key Clients in Mining & Minerals
Please note, only applicants holding valid working rights in Australia will be considered and we encourage non Brisbane based applicants to apply and discuss the possibilities.
If you're a Senior Electrical / Instrumentation Designer, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Shortlisting will commence immediately.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.