Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Business Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Business Development who will be responsible for the development, pursuit, and execution of new business opportunities, alongside focusing on key customer accounts and strategic customer targets in order to meet sale growth and business targets within the process and chemicals market in US South.
This individual will lead and coordinate front-line business sales and business development activities within the US South in response to market trends, customer behaviors, and competitor tactics. This person will also create and maintain productive business relationships with internal and external stakeholders, leading to enhanced earnings and reputation.
The G&D Senior Manager is responsible and accountable for growing sales within the designated key customer accounts and strategic targets, growing our service lines and products with strategic customers, and key account sales to existing customers, both external and internal.
The role will be a single point of contact to promote and sell the full suite of services Wood has to offer across the entire region assigned and will collaborate with Projects and Consulting to promote enhanced cross-selling.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Provide strategic vision and direction to grow area of business
- Representation of the whole of Operations Americas in the US South (regarding customer interface and market)
- Seek to understand the available markets and work to represent and sell all the core competencies of Operations Americas that fit the opportunities in the region
- Define, shape, drive and execute the growth strategy to support short and long-term strategic goals, including future growth aspirations within the assigned region
- Gather market intelligence and develop strategies to meet the shifting market opportunities
- Lead the establishment of strong and enduring high-level relationships with customers, partners, supply chain, and stakeholders to ensure strategy delivery and position for future opportunities as measured by customer satisfaction and feedback, the health of the prospect pipeline, and ultimately the overall achievement of financial targets
- Develop and maintain client relationships, proactively seeking and advancing opportunities to broaden service offering to existing clients and initiate relationships with new clients, including participating in or leading bid and tender activity
- Promote, represent, and enhance company reputation internally and externally with clients, government, and trade bodies staying abreast of industry developments across the region to ensure the company is well-positioned to secure new contracts that come to market
- Develop and drive the necessary zipper engagement plans to broaden and grow relationships
- Drive effective creation, identification, and pursuit of opportunities with the specified company accounts, including collaboration across regions, markets, and business units
- Ensure customer information and feedback is incorporated into relationship management and pursuit plans relevant to the specified companies
- Comply fully with the Wood tender governance process
- INTERNAL: President and regional leadership team, executive leadership team, contract and country managers, functional support managers, employees
- EXTERNAL: Key senior-level clients; key joint venture partners & subcontractors; industry bodies; regulators; national & local government stakeholders
LEVEL OF INFLUENCE & DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY
- There is a requirement to collaborate and consult across functions to influence and shape the regional agenda
- Significant external influence and negotiating skills working in partnership with current/potential clients
- Helps set and drive strategic direction and priorities to deliver the strategy of the relevant business unit and the broader company and, in so doing, is expected to exert significant influence over those key relationships documented in the Working Relationships section of this document
- Has a high level of decision-making authority within the relevant area of responsibility but always within the company Delegation of Authority parameters
- The incumbent will continuously operate within the law and ethically in line with all relevant codes of conduct, governance, and regulatory requirements specific to the role
Skills / Qualifications
- Academic qualification in Business and / or Engineering
- 10+ years working in either/both process and chemicals, with experience in asset management, maintenance, turnaround and outage, and small construction required
- Understanding of the local market in Texas and the US South and prior experience selling in the region
- Understanding of the key functions within business development, the organization, customers, competitors, and the market
- An extensive personal network of contacts across process and chemicals clients across the US and specifically within Texas and US South.
- Operational experience and expertise
- Strong business-winning track record across multiple geographies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
- Customers, competitors, markets, and the company's service portfolio
- Group performance and how it can deliver and add value to its customers
- Complex strategic commercial and business models
- Current and future industry trends
- Strong and inspiring leader with excellent relationship development and business skills
- Excellent communicator and key influencer
- Trustworthy, with the highest level of integrity and ethical standards
- Ability to engage individuals across all levels while being culturally aware
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
- Strongly developed influencing skills
- Able to connect and establish effective, cross-cultural working relationships with all levels of the organization and externally
- Consistently model and lead on the company's core values
- Credibility inside the company and externally with customers or partners
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.