Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for an Assurance Advisor with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry on a full time, permanent basis in either Atlanta - Georgia, Houston or the UK.
The Operations Assurance & Quality team have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic individual with a background in quality and project delivery / engineering experience to join them as an Assurance Advisor.
Reporting into the Operations Assurance Manager the successful candidate will support them in the execution of the assurance programme, including compliance work against Group Policy & Standards, and providing support across Operations to improve delivery efficiency.
The audits executed span across Americas, APAC & EMEA, and subsequently offer the successful candidate the opportunity for international travel and the chance to broaden their knowledge and networks in Woods wider operations.
- Support key audits, ensuring delivery of assurance activities / reviews to tight timescales for senior leadership reporting.
- Producing audit reports which effectively communicate the agreed terms of reference, key findings and recommended actions.
- Agreeing and managing detailed action plans with relevant stakeholders to eliminate non-conformances and drive a more effective and efficient operational approach .
- Management of the Operations Assurance Risk Profiling Tool, undertaking analysis of key Wood systems to drive development of risk-based and value add assurance programmes.
- Support the Operations assurance programme, ensuring appropriate risk-based programmes are deployed across the three Business Groupings.
- Undertaking analysis of assurance work to provide leadership with information to support decision making as part of our management review framework.
- Support the independent validation of assurance across Operations, reviewing deliverables and supporting documentation for compliance against key standards.
- Engaging in assurance networks to support development of our assurance standards and processes.
- Support key investigations as required in response to significant business events or business change initiatives.
- Promoting shared lessons learned and continuous improvement across the organisation.
Skills / Qualifications
- Lead Auditor Qualification by recognised industry body (desirable).
- Degree (or equivalent), ideally in project management or relevant technical discipline (desirable).
- Member of professional body, ideally CQI or engineering (desirable).
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Previous audit / assurance experience would be beneficial.
- Relevant experience within a related discipline / industry.
- Knowledge of investigation / Root Cause Analysis techniques (Taproot or alternative).
- Conversant with Microsoft Office Tools (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Power Bi.
- High level of communication skills essential.
- Good knowledge of industry standards, legislation and regulations.
- Operates in a structured and well organised manner.
- Ability to take ownership and endurance to see tasks completed.
- Experience of working internationally with differing cultures and geographies would be beneficial.
- Experience working in a related team environment would be beneficial.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally on audit assignments is essential.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and interpersonal.
- Analytical, problem solving skills and systematic thinking.
- Integrity and trust; compassion and respect.
- Ability to review and challenge current working practices.
- Data analysis and interpretation.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.