Skills: Project Management
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: North Charleston, South Carolina, United States
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the successful execution of projects for the delivery of electro-mechanical systems, meeting project requirements within the contracted schedule and budget constraints. The Project Manager is also the primary interface between Oceaneering and its Customers, establishing and fostering the business relationship with a project's Customer. Eligible candidates must posess an active clearance, TS/SCI and have experience in the Marine industry (Shipboard or Subsea operations and or hardware production). This position is Hybrid/Remote reporting to the Charleston, SC location. Hybrid/Remote employees are expected to be able to commute to the Charleston, SC location.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage projects consistent with Oceaneering values and guidelines with respect to safety, quality, and business ethics.
- Apply knowledge of project management competencies to manage the core elements of a project's integration, scope, schedule, cost, quality, resources, communications, risks, procurement, and stakeholders to meet project requirements, demonstrating proficiency in both the knowledge and application of these skills.
- Apply knowledge of personal competencies of communication, leadership, management, cognitive abilities, effectiveness, and professionalism to lead the project team in meeting the project objectives, demonstrating proficiency in both the knowledge and application of these skills.
- Lead a diverse team of engineers (electrical, mechanical, systems, software), drafters, designers, technicians, machinists, consultants, administrative and other personnel, and assigns tasks as guided by the project plan, setting, and communicating clear expectations.
- Autonomously facilitate and operationalize projects to achieve established departmental and organizational goals, while considering all appropriate stakeholders.
- Independently standardize processes, communications, and tracking methods for use in ongoing project planning, sustainability, and improvement. Creates structure from ambiguous and numerous sources of information.
- Develop and lead in project management planning including but not limited to: scope identification, budget planning, resource planning, and fiscal accountability, and ongoing communication and collaboration with team members. Independently prepares written documents, delegates tasks as necessary, and monitors and analyzes progress.
- Recommend sequences for actions, procurement and purchases and coordinates necessary meetings to ensure the timely delivery of products and services. Facilitate work across project teams, develop a project schedule, lead meetings to track progress, manages and mitigates project risks, troubleshoots problems as they arise, and directly manages assigned component projects and develop solutions to barriers and challenges to success to deliver projects on time, within budget and scope, and with a keen focus on effective and consistent communication.
- Interface and collaborate with key stakeholders throughout the development, planning and execution of projects. Autonomously assess the need for disseminating and retrieving pertinent information and communicate with all organizational levels as necessary.
- Compile and synthesize complex data, analyze outcomes, and prepare reports for ongoing process and outcome review for senior management. Responsible for the research and data compilation from a variety of internal and external resources to provide support for research, proposals, reporting, recognition and regulatory compliance. Reports include but are not limited to: graphical representations of data, oral presentations, written reports, and visual presentations.
- Ensure that team members meet deadlines and task budgets.
- Support the company's objective of continuous improvement by reviewing, incorporating, and contributing to lessons learned, and suggesting changes to process and procedure to improve the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of project execution.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, with a major in an Engineering discipline preferred. Commensurate experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 4-7 years of relevant work experience.
- Must be able to obtain PMP/CAPM Certification or achieved within 3 years.
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI government security clearance.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the marine industry, fielding ship-board shipboard systems, surface and/or subsea maritime equipment and associated technologies such as Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUV), Remote Controlled Vehicles (ROV) and/or Launch and Recovery Systems (LARS).
- Technical writing and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with customer representatives.
- Ability to support technical reviews of various documentation and other project deliverables.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks and work independently.
- Strong skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of P6, EVMS or MS Project.
- Contract Comprehension (FAR/DFAR)
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Experience with CAD software such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks.
- Knowledge of Commercial Diver Operations is beneficial.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
How To Apply
Regular full-time employees who apply will be considered along with external candidates. Employees with less than six months with their current position are not eligible to apply for job postings. Please discuss your interest in the position with your current manager/supervisor prior to submitting your completed application. It is highly recommended to apply through the PeopleSoft or Oceanet portals.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.