Skills: Rotating Equipment, LNG
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior LNG Rotating Equipment Specialist for the Houston, TX Office. Local candidates only please as there is no relocation assistance or per diem. Must be willing to work in the client or other contractor's offices as needed.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Responsible for producing safe, technically accurate and cost effective rotating equipment designs and deliverables for LNG facilities, ensuring compliance with applicable specifications and standards and completing work within project budget and schedule
- Individual responsibility will be commensurate with capability and experience level
- Works within a project team environment
- Become familiar with project and department procedures
- Perform preliminary rotating equipment selection including required studies prior to project Detailed Design. Equipment selection includes preliminary sizing, specifying equipment type, driver type, rating and equipment layout
- Provide updates to the Project equipment list and P&IDs
- Assist in preparation of equipment cost, size, and weight estimates
- Prepare data sheets, equipment specifications, inquiry requisitions, technical bid evaluations, purchase requisitions and change orders for rotating equipment packages and ancillaries
- Review and markup vendor data for compliance to purchase requisition and project requirements, ensuring consistency with primary project documents (Equipment List, PFDs, P&IDs)
- Coordinate with engineering and design disciplines to ensure that rotating equipment interfaces with process/utility systems, piping, electrical, instrumentation and structural are effectively implemented; work with design groups to ensure 3D model accurately depicts equipment/package including all required components
- Communicate effectively with project team, vendor and client; inform Project Lead of significant issues and changes impacting manhours, cost or schedule
- Manage and coordinate technical issues for rotating equipment purchase orders through Equipment FAT and delivery
- Understand and monitor package milestone dates related to fabrication, inspection / testing, material purchase and issuance of documents and help expedite vendors to meet purchase order requirements / project schedule.
- Coordinate with package inspector(s). Read inspection reports, attend pre-inspection meetings, prepare vendor site visit reports, attend witnessed tests, attend final inspection, and help resolve quality issues
- Training and mentoring
Skills / Qualifications
- Proficiency with MS Office products
- Working knowledge of regionally applicable codes and standards (ABS/USCG, ANSI, API, ASME, ASTM, European Directives, BSEE, NFPA)
- Minimum 10 years of experience requisitioning rotating equipment packages
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or related degree
- Preferred: Licensed Professional Engineer (Texas)
- Occasional field visits, climbing stairs, ladders and lifting up to 25 lbs.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.