Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity f or an Intermediate Drafter. Reporting to the Drafting & Document Control Department Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office . If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Creating drawings and diagrams under the direct supervision of an Engineer or Designer such as: General arrangements, sections, elevations, bills of materials, cable, duct, and bolt schedules, electrical room layouts, equipment layouts, grounding layouts, panel layouts, single line, three line and DC schematics and wiring drawings
- Supporting overhead, crossings, and underground distribution design work.
- Create plans, profiles and cross sections from surveys and maps.
- Retrieving, entering, and updating design data within drawings
- Creating all aspects of design documentation including e-mails, letters, memos, forms, schedules, work plans, and technical reports
- Checking drawings for conflicts and conformance with project CAD Engineering standards
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Computer Aided Design technology from an accredited University/College or equivalent
- Minimum 5 year experience in direct industrial, mining or process plant experience or transmission and distribution design
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation and MS Office
- Proficient in 2D/3D, Isometric CAD drafting & manual drafting
- Familiarity in Civil 3D, GIS, Inventor, Raster Design, Auto Turn or REVIT is an asset
- Familiarity with LISP, VBA programming for AutoCAD is considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience using electrical safety design codes
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Open minded and fast learner
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and functions
- Ability to work independently and in a multi-disciplinary team environment with minimal supervision
- Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume and deadline-driven environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship
- Clean driving record/abstract
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.