Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Engineer - Civil & Structural with Onshore experience to join our team based in Chennai.
- Specialist Engineer in Engineering Design & Detailing of Civil & Structural works of Oil & Gas projects
- Must have worked in STAAD software in Analysis & Design
- Hands on experience on model review in SPR/Navis Review platform is must.
- Experience as Area Lead Engineer / Checking Engineer in at least one project.
- Experience on preparation of the Design calculation through XL spread sheet will be plus point.
- Field Engineering Experience after completion of home office engineering will be added advantage
- Area Lead Civil Engineer / Checking Engineer -Taking responsibility of one or two process units
- Leading & Controlling about 6-12 team members
- Reporting to Lead Civil Engineer
- Coordination with other disciplines, project & site for Civil inputs, schedules and related issues
- Preparing / Checking of Calculations, General Arrangement & Detail Drawings and MTO
- Attending inter discipline meetings, internal model reviews & model review with client
- Monitoring and meeting the project schedules on submissions of Civil deliverables
- Ensuring all deliverables are comply with quality as per FW /Client specifications & standards.
- Review of vendor drawings/other discipline drawings for adequacy of Civil design input requirements
Skills / Qualifications
- BE /B.Tech Civil Engineering Minimum
- Years of experience: 6 - 15 years
- Able to communicate in English both in verbal and writing with other disciplines & multinational work force in effective manner
- Willing to have patience to face work pressure & changes
- Must be able to lead/guide a team of Engineers & Designers
Technical / Domain Related Skills
Must have exposure to design of
- Structures like Pipe rack/ Pipe bridges & Process structures/Equipment support structures
- Equipment foundation such as Heat Exchanger, Vertical & Horizontal vessels/drum, Columns/ Tower, Compressor & pumps
- Pump Houses / Lift station and Tank farm
- Control room & Substation buildings
- Must have sound working experience in using Indian ,British and American standards for Civil & structural works.
- Thorough experience in production of deliverables such as General arrangement drawings for Civil & steel works, RC Detail drawings , Steel connection detail drawing & supporting Calculations.
- Should have experience on constructability review.
- Exposure to dynamic analysis of Pumps & Compressor foundations using GT Strudl & Blast resistance design of structure is added advantage
- Exposure to American petroleum Industry requirement for Civil & Structural works will be plus point.
- Experience in Seismic design as per IS1893- 2002 using response spectrum method is desirable
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.