Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer, LNG, Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Summary / Purpose
Golden Pass LNG, a joint venture of QatarEnergy & ExxonMobil, has an exciting opportunity for Maintenance Technicians at our Sabine Pass, TX location (approximately 10 minutes from Port Arthur, TX). We are looking for team members that have a proven track record of providing support, have strong intrapersonal and communication skills, and are self-motivated and self-directed to be a part of our transformation from an import facility to the premier LNG exporter in North America.
The Instrument and Controls Lead will be responsible for performing all work as required for maintaining a safe, efficient and environmentally sound operation of an LNG facility. The Instrument and Controls Lead is a liaison with internal and external parties and will interface directly with Operations Supervision, Managers, Engineers, Maintenance Technicians, Operators, Contractors and Vendors and uphold and ensure compliance with HSE and compliance standards for performance and behavior.
Essential Duties / Functions
- Lead daily maintenance work in the Instrumentation and Measurement crafts.
- Ensure all Golden Pass and Contract resources are qualified and efficiently utilized.
- Perform routine maintenance, repairs and preventative maintenance on electrical, electronic, pneumatic and mechanical devices and systems using hand and power tools, electronic measuring instruments, diagnostic equipment, vendor literature, technical manuals, blueprints, and schematic diagrams.
- Conduct work group / toolbox briefings.
- Drive improvements to the maintenance work practices.
- Proactively ensure all work is conducted in full compliance with the Safety Management System, including safety regulations and positively support all safety initiatives and improvements.
- Ensure the maintenance and records of safety critical elements are maintained as part of all Maintenance activities.
- Actively participate in all aspects of maintenance activities and provide input.
- Perform inspections in accordance with plant safety, federal and state regulations to ensure compliance.
- Ability to maintain qualifications and operate all support equipment required in the performance of daily duties.
- Maintain notification and work orders, initiate material reservation, technical report and time confirmation in Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Review work permits and JSAs
- Audit Safety and LOTO procedure on equipment to assure equipment is inoperable and safe to work on.
Minimum education required of the position.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor or Associate degree or relevant technical discipline or equivalent work experience
Minimum experience required of the position.
- 3+ Years of previous leadership experience
- Experience in petroleum or chemical manufacturing facility or an LNG facility is preferred.
- Experience with GE Turbine controls preferred
- Working knowledge of plant installations and specifications with experience in accepted industry procedures, safety and environmental policies
- 7+ Years of experience with PLC, DCS, Flow, Temp, Pressure, Analyzers, Control Valves, Communications systems, and protection systems. Be able to use manuals and other resources to troubleshoot equipment.
- Experience with cryogenic refrigeration, gas processing, and/or steam preferred
- Experience with Emerson Delta V preferred
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to create a strong team environment
- Self-starter with ability to work strategically under little direction
- Ability to focus on meeting/exceeding performance parameters
- Strong attention to details
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position.
- Normal field environment
- Field environment physical requirements such as lifting, climbing, walking, standing, kneeling, etc.
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description - may require "other duties as assigned."
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs.
- Job description does not guarantee employment.
- Golden Pass LNG is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Golden Pass LNG, a joint venture between ExxonMobil and QatarEnergy, is building an LNG export facility in Sabine Pass, Texas, with anticipated startup in 2024.
It is our mission to bring clean energy from Texas to power the world. We seek to do that in a way that values safety, integrity, our people, community, and the environment. In order to achieve those goals, we are bringing together a diverse team of experienced and talented professionals.
We offer fulfilling career opportunities, and we listen to, train, develop, and reward our employees on their journey of professional growth.