Skills: Rotating Equipment, Reliability Engineer, LNG
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Job Summary / Purpose
Golden Pass LNG, a joint venture of QatarEnergy & ExxonMobil, has an exciting opportunity in Engineering at our Sabine Pass, TX location (approximately 10 minutes from Port Arthur, TX). We are looking for team members that have a proven track record of providing support, have strong intrapersonal and communication skills, and are self-motivated and self-directed to be a part of our transformation from an import facility to the premier LNG exporter in North America.
This position has responsibilities during the Operations Readiness stage and will phase Operations support after plant start up. The Machinery Engineer will support all rotating equipment within Golden Pass, including the new LNG Plant, Pipeline compression facilities, and the existing Import terminal.
Key scope during Operations Readiness stage includes assessing equipment criticality, developing equipment strategies, developing crash plans, developing maintenance programs, and commissioning support. Post LNG plant start up, the Machinery Engineer is expected to continue to support the base business through troubleshooting field issues, conducting failure analysis, initiating facilities modifications based on safety, reliability or production drivers, and shutdown support.
Essential Duties / Functions
1. Operations Readiness Stage
- Discipline engineer during Equipment Criticality Assessment and Reliability Centered Maintenance Equipment Strategies development for Machinery Program
- Lead development of scope of work for specialized service agreements
- Lead selection and development of machinery surveillance tools
- Support developing of necessary work aids and procedures
- Engage with Project Team on deliverables and support during commissioning
2. Operations Stage
- Support day-to-day surveillance of critical machinery to ensure optimized operation
- Troubleshoot machinery issues in the field, and evaluate related alarms
- Initiate machinery modification opportunities to address safety, reliability, or production improvement opportunities
- Oversee vendor support at site and workshop as part of contractor management
- Support facility shutdown activities from planning through field execution, and start up
Minimum education required of the position:
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Petroleum Engineering or equivalent industry experience
Minimum experience required of the position:
- 10+ years of experience in a rotating equipment role at an Oil & Gas facility, including: refineries, LNG plants, offshore, or gas processing facilities.
- Strong knowledge of rotating equipment, in particular heavy duty gas turbines, steam turbines, compressors, large pumps, and vibration monitoring systems
- Knowledge of oil and gas industry codes and practices
- Oil and Gas industry safety standards and requirements
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position:
- Self-starter with ability to work in a team-based environment
- Leadership and teamwork skills
- Able to facilitate progression of a team through complex analysis or reviews leveraging effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptability to changing priorities and effective / efficiency goal achievement
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Initiating Actions: Takes prompt action proactively to accomplish objectives without direction
- Planning and Organizing: Establishes courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently
- Building Trust: Interacts positively with others to ensure confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization.
- Good personnel management, interpersonal skills, communications & organizational skills are essential
Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position.
- Normal field environment
- Field environment physical requirements such as lifting, climbing, walking, standing, kneeling, etc.
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the description - may require "other duties as assigned."
- Job may change over time in accordance with business needs.
- Job description does not guarantee employment.
- Golden Pass LNG is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status."
Golden Pass LNG, a joint venture between ExxonMobil and QatarEnergy, is building an LNG export facility in Sabine Pass, Texas, with anticipated startup in 2024.
It is our mission to bring clean energy from Texas to power the world. We seek to do that in a way that values safety, integrity, our people, community, and the environment. In order to achieve those goals, we are bringing together a diverse team of experienced and talented professionals.
We offer fulfilling career opportunities, and we listen to, train, develop, and reward our employees on their journey of professional growth.