Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking a Water Resource EIT (Bachelor's Degree) to join our team in Burlington, ON.
Wood is a global organization, providing engineering, consulting, and project management services. Our team of professionals offers a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government, industrial & commercial, water, transportation, minerals & metals, oil & gas clients, and clean energy.
- Conduct field investigations related to collecting data to support technical assessments
- Hydrologic, hydraulic and water quality evaluations for predominantly public sector clients
- Assist in analysis and design studies and produce written correspondence and reports
- Will be required to become familiar with and use the following software: HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, Visual OTTHYMO, SWMHYMO, PC-SWMM, MIKE 11/12, Info orks ICM and MIKE+, GAWSER, HSP-F, AutoCAD and ESRI GIS applications.
- Will work under the guidance and mentorship of Senior Engineers.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering required
- 1-3 years of related experience
- EIT Certification preferred
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Stormwater modelling knowledge and experience beneficial.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.