Skills: Engineering Technician
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Oceaneering Space Systems (OSS) is a precision engineering and manufacturing group which specializes in turn-key design, development, manufacturing, certification, maintenance, and testing of extra-vehicular and intra-vehicular (EVA & IVA) tools and equipment for astronauts; including life support and environmental control systems for space; robotic systems for military, space, and biological research; and thermal protection systems for launch vehicles. We also provide specialized engineering and support services in these areas, and astronaut training in NASA's Neutral Buoyancy Laboratory.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Space Systems (OSS). This position is located in Clear Lake, Texas.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Working under supervision of a Senior Systems Engineer or Project Manager, the Systems Engineer I or II will define and allocate systems/subsystem requirements; develop verification plans and support verification testing and analyses; support the design effort including performing system/subsystem modeling and trades; developing Interface Control documentation; and coordinating and participating in technical design reviews.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Defining, validating, and tracking verification of system requirements from all sources.
- Conducting and supporting trade studies to refine the system architecture, design solutions, and operational approaches.
- Developing verification and validation plans and statements.
- Supporting verification and validation testing.
- Creating and maintaining SE&I data and models.
- Ensuring productive cross-discipline information flow in integrated product teams.
- Facilitating design reviews.
- Developing systems engineering presentations and documents; and
- Supporting project management reviews.
- BS or MS degree in Systems Engineering or relevant Engineering discipline with 0 to 6 years of relevant Systems Engineering experience.
- Ability to prepare written documents and to verbally present at meetings
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- US Citizenship required
- Experience with requirements management (Cradle, DOORS, etc.) and model-based systems engineering (MBSE) tools and techniques
- Experience with the design, assembly, verification, testing, and operation of space-rated systems, especially human-rated space systems
- Experience with NASA JSC Flight Hardware Life Cycle, Certification, and Engineering processes
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.