Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
CEC Controls- a Wood business is currently seeking a Controls Engineer / Engineering technician to join our team in the Denver, Colorado office. The Engineer will support all electrical design functions related to Water-Wastewater and Automotive. Demonstrated trouble shooting skills are absolutely necessary.
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual with solid experience as a systems integrator, who is looking for career growth with a major organization.
- Follow all company processes, check lists, and support the development of standardized design platforms.
- Interpret customer specifications and Scope of Work documentation to design a system that meets all customer requirements.
- Create electrical schematics and Bill of Materials from customer specifications and update schematics per assembly red-lines
- Specify and size electrical parts based on calculations, customer specifications, and engineering principals
Skills / Qualifications
- 2-4 years of education in an engineering discipline such as robotics, or mechatronics, equivalent military electrical/electronic training, or completed an apprenticeship training program
- Electrical journeyman license is a plus
- Travel up to 25%
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Ability to wear personnel protective equipment such as Hardhats, Eye and Hearing protection, Safety shoes, and flame retardant clothing
- Ability to work at heights or in confined spaces
- Significant walking at construction sites is expected
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.