Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Debe, Trinidad and Tobago
Massy Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Process Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. The candidate is required to perform the following responsibilities:
- Originate discipline deliverables. Responsible for dealing with the majority of situations encountered on own initiative.
- Assist the Discipline Function Lead as directed.
- Produce solutions that are safe, cost effective, fit for purpose and add value to both Massy Wood Group and the client. Deals with the majority of situations encountered on own initiative but may need to refer to information sources or discipline lead in some cases.
- Ensure operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the design stage.
- Provide discipline input to procurement and construction activities.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Engineering Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Demonstrate the appropriate competence level for the job.
- Is a source for guidance on a range of discipline applications.
- Proficient in the use of HYSYS (able to build steady state models and use these to carry out various assessments; make updates to existing dynamic models used for overpressure evaluations/assessments; process safety time calculations).
- Knowledge of and adherence to Massy Wood Group and project specific Project Management Systems and Procedures relevant to the role.
- Represent Massy Wood Group with clients and suppliers / vendors in a professional manner.
- Responsible for using opportunities at meetings with clients and suppliers/ vendors to learn of additional work which Massy Wood Group could undertake and to promote Massy Wood Group's capabilities.
- Conduct surveys, both onshore and offshore, to determine information to allow execution of scopes of work.
- Familiar with good engineering practices and work processes.
- Perform routine process calcs/tasks e.g. choke sizing, PSV sizing, vent system modeling, P&ID generation, SOP creation, process contribution to Control Philosophy.
- Assist with the development of certain Process Safety deliverables & Phast modeling.
- Follow procedures for document control and discipline design, e.g. creation of discipline design deliverables, use and retention of check prints / IDC prints.
- Liaise with the Discipline Function Lead to identify and implement improvements in discipline working practices.
- Capture and communicate lessons learnt to the Discipline Function Lead.
- Liaise with the Discipline Function Lead to identify areas for professional development and to develop a Training Plan.
- Work and progress according to Training Plan.
- Keep a log of competencies gained through further education, external training and internal / on the job training.
- Deliver assigned tasks within man-hour budget and schedule.
- Identify increases or reductions in scope of work within own area of responsibility and advising the Discipline Lead Engineer accordingly.
- Identify areas of concern during the course of any project to the Discipline Lead Engineer while proposing necessary corrective action.
- Knowledge and application of client specific standards.
- Prepare timesheets accurately and timely.
- Develop working relationship with client and supplier / vendor personnel.
- Perform all other job-related functions as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc Chemical & Process Engineering from a recognized university.
- Membership of a professional body preferred.
- Progress development towards professional, chartered or registered engineering status.
- Typically a minimum of 10 years' relevant experience (design).
- Possesses working knowledge of discipline software and tools.
- Possesses working knowledge of key discipline applications.
- Possesses a reasonable command of the English language and must be able to communicate English effectively in the field of Engineering.
- Assessed competent as Engineer in accordance with ENG-PRC-1100.
- National citizen or permanent resident of Trinidad and Tobago.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.