Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Maintenance Engineer, QA / QC / Inspection, Reliability Engineer
Other Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Shreveport, Louisiana, United States
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
The Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the plant preventative maintenance program and providing engineering services to optimize equipment life and reliability. This position is expected to interact with all plant personnel to identify, develop, and manage improvement projects. To effectively schedule plant maintenance personnel, contractors and vendors to keep plant equipment operating efficiently and to keep projects moving on time and within budget, in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Champion the reliability efforts in assigned areas of responsibility by providing technical assistance in resolving equipment design, operation, and maintenance problems.
- Coordinate Root Cause Analysis (RCA) processes and track the implementation of recommendations through resolution.
- Design and manage plant predictive & preventive maintenance systems and guide others through utilization.
- Utilize reliability tools such as failure calculations, failure evaluations, and cost and risk analysis to evaluate and prioritize reliability issues.
- Partner with Maintenance Supervisor to evaluate job needs and coordinate resources to complete high priority work and schedule lower priority work.
- Plan and manage process unit and boiler turnarounds, including controlling costs, contractor safety, and environmental concerns.
- Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, or repair to ensure that machines or equipment are installed and functioning according to specifications.
- Manage RFC (Request for Change) project related to Maintenance work.
- Estimate costs and obtain competitive quotes for major maintenance jobs.
- Manage assigned Capital Projects and contribute to the development of the site capital budget. Recommend projects and/or studies to Engineering to support overall plant reliability
- Assist in spare parts review for ensuring equipment maintainability and reliability.
- Assist Operations, Product Control, and Maintenance Departments in developing procedures, training, and processes to ensure equipment is operated within its design parameters.
- Manage plant vehicles and stationary engine driven equipment - registrations, scheduling repairs/inspections and recommend replacements.
- Complete assignments as directed by Management
- Manage plant relief valves (establish and monitor PM cycles, required code repairs, schedule repairs and track repairs to each valve.)
- Fill in as maintenance supervisor for vacations and training.
- Perform testing as needed for mechanical reliability and to support plant inspector.
- Schedule OSHA inspections on the crane, man lift and bucket truck.
- Secure and manage railroad sidings inspections and repairs.
- Requisition non-stock parts, equipment and supplies for plant services and repairs.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related degree or certification with commensurate experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in manufacturing plant or equipment related positions with exposure and responsibilities in the maintenance, reliability and troubleshooting areas.
- Flexible and willing to work off hours as needed - including overtime and nights/weekend callouts as required.
- Rotating equipment and vibration analysis experience preferred.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Good communications skills a must, ability to multi-task and able to effectively manage union personnel and outside contractors.
- Proficient user of MS Office Suite.
- Capable of demonstrating the necessary leadership that will make this individual successful in this role.
- Effective team skills that will make this individual successful in this role.
- Capability of working with all levels of the organization and with outside vendors.
- Familiar with computerized maintenance systems, preferably with SAP.